Chapter 5: The truth

Girls of the Elites

 

Chaeyoung and her friends made sure to walk straight towards the gate until Mina and her sisters turns around. The four girls hid behind the bush to make sure that Mina and her sisters leaves school without noticing them.

"Shh! They're coming" Chaeyoung said as they all hid behind the bush.

"I wonder when we'll get to spend time with Chaeyoung and her friends tho?" Sana asked

While the girl's conversation continued Chaeyoung and her gang remained quiet technically not eavesdropping. "I hope it would be soon." Momo added as they walk away

"They? want to spend time with us?" Tzuyu thought out loud

"Shhh! Someone's here" Dahyun stated.

They saw a tall man in black following Mina and her sisters to the station with a weird aura that slightly scared Tzuyu and made Dahyun nervous.

The girls eyed the man quietly as he walks away following the three girls.

CY: "Who... was that?"

DH: "He doesnt seem like a teacher in school"

CY: "I have a bad feeling about that man in black"

TZ: "Should we follow them?"

DH: "I-I dont know"

While sitting by the bush checking if the coast is clear, A hand slightly grabbed Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun jolted back and the three girls stood up in a defensive formation.

CY: "HOLY! Jeongyeon, It's just you"

DH: "Omy I could almost kick you! Why were you guys hiding here"

NY: "Sorry guys, I couldnt go to the roof top, someone locked it"

JH: "Yeah, and we saw that man in black too"

TZ: "Do you know him?"

JH: "No, but actually, It's not safe here"

NY: "Yeah, we need to find you guys a safe place to be so we can talk"

CY: "I'm Calling Mr. Fit for the limousine"

JY: "Great Idea, But while we wait it's not safe here.. we have to move"

NY: "Yeah! We gotta bounce"

The six girls made their way out of the bush undetected and suddenly walked out in the city.

JH: "Idea! The Karaoke Hub"

NY: "Yeah! let's go"

"Pretend we are having fun hanging out" Nayeon whispered "Someone is following us" she added

"Oh! YEAH! let's have fun at the karaoke guys!" Chaeyoung shouted, Dahyun pretended to laugh and Tzuyu started to jump up and down. Jeongyeon pretended to be not into it so Nayeon could pull her.

As soon they all got pulled into the hub, they played loud music and Nayeon began typing on her phone. each messages where typed in the phone's notepad so that they can be silent as possible.

"the four of you are in danger, someone's looking for you. especially Chaeyoung."
"i would explain more but Jihyo and I had not much time"

Chaeyoung signaled confusion and returned the phone to Nayeon. She rolled her eyes and began writing even more trying to explain the situation as simple as possible. As soon as she was done writing, she handed the phone to Chaeyoung and the gang, Jihyo played a song to cover the tracks and ensure that the group were actually there to have fun.

"I need you guys to be as close as possible with Mina and her sisters, they are currently in danger as we speak. Jihyo and I had been trying to figure it out for a while now. Til Jihyo saw Mina walking into the shed located behind the school, followed by Momo and Sana... and that dark figure. they're talking about something, but Jihyo couldnt figure it out. Until Mina cried "Why Chaeyoung" at that point Jihyo got shocked and we slowly tried to decipher it. "

"I still don't understand... What does Mina and her sisters got to do with us?" Chaeyoung whispered

"Probably... They are the one after us?" Dahyun thought

"They look too innocent to be that" Tzuyu exclaimed

"There should be something more Nayeon, We can't just work with just this?" Jeongyeon declared

"yeah, I refuse to investigate the girls without knowing what were their background" Chaeyoung crossed her arms and returned the phone

"Just talk, I don't think anyone would be listening to us in a karaoke hub, plus.. We booked the VIP room" Jeongyeon suggested

 

"Okay!.." Nayeon stood up and sat in the middle of the circle. "Now listen carefully.." She held out her phone again, opening an app she and Jihyo uses to store their computer files

"Whoa! that was techy!" Jeongyeon said with her eyes widen and in amusement

"Jihyo, ensure to put up sound barriers" Nayeon Commanded

Jihyo nodded, and gestured over to her watch. The watch sent signal waves to jam any device that would seem to eavesdrop on the room. She held out her phone with a tracker meter to show any suspicious threat within the wave. Jihyo then sent another high frequency test to give out another jam and then bring out the sound barrier.

"Coast is clear Nayeon" Jihyo said continuing to look over to her phone and guard the sound barrier waves in case of breach

"Here" Nayeon opened her files through her phone, entered a passcode to reveal old and lost news. "Every single data Jihyo and I managed to capture are stored In here. however, one day all files of the said crime were deemed closed, lost or delayed.. but one.. Ours" Nayeon then clicked on a folder full of these said news.

"These were all collected by us and our agents.. whether it be fake or real, we still keep them.. see here? this is why we know Mina and her sisters are caught in this incident" Nayeon then opened a news photo taken by a blogger. The photo looks normal, nothing to see, but then Nayeon enhanced the photo to reveal Mina and her sisters being pulled by an unknown figure. Since the photo was taken at night, detectives and investigators hasn't taken much interest to the blogger's news nonsense. 

"Right after the blogger's news, this was deemed to be fake, so this blogger then took a video of its neighborhood. same thing had happen but it was just a glimpse and this time, they were pushed into a black van" Nayeon then zoomed in 300% of the video to reveal a black van appearing and disappearing in the scene as quick as light.

"There are rumors saying Mina and her sisters were kidnapped a week ago, their family suddenly disappeared and still hasn't been found, it was all over the news, their house were empty without a trace but the three girls returned 2 days ago and it got our attention, however Sana said they were all in vacation back in Japan and said their parents decided to stay there. There is something fishy going on here, especially from those girls." Nayeon looked around to see if everything is still running smoothly. Jihyo left the barrier on high, She stood up and walked towards the group.

 

"See here, Their kidnap case record suddenly disappeared and was deemed closed by the city's investigation, however right after the girls returned, we just recently get to find that unknown shadow that has been following the girls around, I think that man is key to solving this mystery." Jihyo added

"I want you four to be careful with anything that happens in school. Just be cautious of Mina, Momo and Sana. Dont let them know who you really are, not yet. we'll try to decipher it as much as possible and we'll need your help getting the information from the girls. We feel that Sana has been trying to send the signal to the resistance for a while now, but none seemed to know how to figure her out" Nayeon discussed

 

"wait? how sure are you Sana has been giving signals?" Chaeyoung asked

"here" Jihyo showing another photo taken from the document "Sana's writing style changes in each pattern, every time she borrows my notes for computer class" Jihyo said "her pattern forms a Matrix, she is quiet fond of technology, that's why I am sure it was her who wrote this pattern" Jihyo exclaimed

"and here" Nayeon showed another photo "Mina has been writing anagrams hidden in her drawings, the abstract drawings, if you look carefully, you'll be able to read what it says"

"Help" Chaeyoung said

"exactly, and she always had it with her, whether it be by number, codes or taps, she is aware the Resistance are looking for it" Nayeon said

"Wait.. this is crazy.. it's a prank isnt it?" Chaeyoung stood and laughed

"N-no, keep your voice down." Nayeon whispered

"So, our normal life story became a story of mystery" Dahyun whispered

"I dont really think this is fun tho?" Jihyo added

"Chaeyoung, Youre my only sister in the world of emptiness, I dont want to lose you, or leave you" Nayeon spoke "even if you're my half sister, you mean everything to me and so is dad" Nayeon added

"Yeah, but this seems like it's scripted or found in a movie" Chaeyoung whispered

"Neither I cant believe it, but it's true. Something is going on in Gilmore High. And we know, Mina and the others are caught in it too" Nayeon whispered

"Yeah, but how sure are you they've been sending signs then?" Jeongyeon said sitting on her back with her arms crossed

"Because.. Mina and her sisters are part of the resistance" Jihyo said

"They wouldn't just disappear because they were traveling, they will still have contact with us" Nayeon said

"and they never returned to headquarters, they also changed numbers, don't you think that was strange? the girls only connect through online. and they are SISTERS.. they don't have number but they have a phone, and is always online." Jihyo added

"You are not allowed to talk about the resistance online, that was a strict rule. but because all they can do is be online, we have no way to contact them to show up at the HQ, it already seems they've been very careful" Nayeon said

"what even is this resistance you talk about?" Dahyun said

"It's something Nayeon and I had come up with when we were starting 5th grade, you know when kids next door was a thing, Spy kids, Kim Possible and those agent stuff. we made it like a game and played along, but then since I had the gadgets and Nayeon got the brains we solved missing cases like cats and dogs, or toys being stolen until high school came up, we focused on the big things. and our connection grew" Jihyo explained

"So you're telling me, Mina and the others are part of this too?" Tzuyu said with her brow up

"yeah, and it seems this man in black, doesn't even know we existed" Nayeon added

Just as the conversation became deeper, Jihyo suddenly stood up and looked at the door window. "Guys? we need to go"

"What? why?" Tzuyu exclaimed

Jihyo pointed out the window with her fingers shaking. "I have a bad feeling of that guy, the wave signal is dropping the closer he gets to our room.. we need to switch off the barrier Nayeon" Nayeon nodded and switched the barrier off and all tech are on lockdown to leave no tracks

"We can't leave.. There's no other way out but the door" Chaeyoung panicked

"Hide!" Nayeon said as they ducked down from the door and waited for the man to pass their room, Jeongyeon carefully peaked to see the Man standing on the other side of the corner as he carefully move to the other rooms further from theirs.

"Even here. What do they want?" Tzuyu asked

"You guys.. Im sure" Jihyo said nervously

Chaeyoung crawled towards the telecom to contact the staff, and asked to bill the hub through credit since they couldn't wait any longer.

DH: "Jeongyeon, what do you see?"

JY: "Almost, he is turning the corner, but we gotta hurry"

NY: "Gotcha"

JY: "Alright..... GO!"

They all rushed quietly outside and began running! the Limousine was waiting outside and everyone rode it as fast as they can.

"So, Night One huh?" Dahyun said as she was trying to catch her breath.

"Not... FUN" Jeongyeon stated

"We better be careful from now on" Chaeyoung said

"What could they want from us?" Tzuyu mumbled

"we dont know, but what we know, you four are the targets and Mina and the others are currently in danger and... they are the messenger" Nayeon said

"For now, let's go to the dorms... we better get some rest. I dont think this guy can follow us in an all girls dorm? right?" Jihyo stated

"I hope not, or else I wont be able to sleep!" Nayeon nervously stated

"We need a plan" Chaeyoung suggested

The girls then arrived at the dorms, but their rooms are just across from one another, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Dahyun has different roommates, whilst Nayeon and Jihyo have been roommates since year 2.

Chaeyoung entered her room, her roommate seems to not be home yet. So she fixed her things, unpacked her bags and got ready for a shower.
While she's taking a shower, the main door opened up. "Must be my roommate" Chaeyoung thought.

"Uh, hello?" a small voice said from outside the room

"uh hey! you must be my roommate, I'm sorry I'm currently taking a shower, you dont mind waiting for a bit right?"

"Uh yeah, sure, Let me unpack my stuffs first. Take your time in there" She calmly said

Chaeyoung is done taking a shower, and wore a bathrobe as she steps outside the bathroom rubbing her hair with a towel. "Uh hey roomie!" She said as she continues to dry her hair.

The girl turned around and shocked both of them to see each other.

CY: "M-Mina?!"

MN: "Ehh?! Chaeyoung?"