Chapter 5

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri drove her car like a flash, passing rows of street lamp on both side of the road in the blink of eyes. She wanted to run away from the problem she stumbled upon but she knew she couldn’t run from it either way.

 

One of her hand trails the fiber dashboard while her eyes still focusing on the road. Her fingertips stopped trailing when it meets a certain button. Eyes glanced over to check if it is the right button. Then she hit it. She the car’s radio when it’s playing song Yuri knows of. She hummed the melody then sang along during the chorus.

 

“I will go down to the last round”

 

“I’ll be your strength to find you when you get lost in the crowd”

 

“So I’ll stand up tall, if by chance I fall”

 

“Then I’ll go down as a casualty of love”

 

Singing along the song on the road eased Yuri’s mind a bit as she slowed her drive afterward. She is already close to her home. Yuri stepped on the brake, slowly adjusting while she parked her car in garage.

 

The brunette took her belongings, stepped out the car then locked it. She swarmed inside the house, took her shoes off then placed it on the rack. She walked around the house seeking her grandpa’s figure just to find him already sleeping soundly in his slumber.

 

Of course she wouldn’t want to wake him up so she tiptoed herself then headed to her own room upstairs.

 

The door creak a deep sound in protest as she pushed it. Yuri slips over then put her belongings down. The girl looks over at the clock hanging strongly on the magenta wall, it was already ten in evening.

 

She inhaled and exhaled deeply before throwing her body to the soft spacious bed, feeling tired after the long day.

 

Yuri closed her eyes when she remembers her promise with the blonde girl just a week ago. In all honesty, Yuri wanted to call her if not for the fact that they haven’t exchanging their numbers yet.

 

I guess I’ll just go meet her at the lake tomorrow.

 

The brunette couldn’t wait to meet the blonde once again then she drifted to her sleep.

 

Yuri woke up early the next morning, she washed up and change her clothes to something comfier to stroll around. She was so prepared to go out until she saw her grandpa sitting cozily in the living room.

 

“Good morning, Yuri-yah,” he greeted, smiling warmly.

 

“Good morning, Grandpa,” she walked into the living room, placing her body beside her grandpa, sitting down.

 

“When did you come? Last night?”

 

“Yeah, around ten if I’m not mistaken.”

 

The elder man crossed his arm, “Why didn’t you wake me up by then?”

 

 “You were sleeping peacefully, I don’t want to disturb you,” Yuri replied as she looks up to her grandpa.

 

“Such a lovely granddaughter you are. Want some tea? I’ll make the special one for you,” he offered knowing well Yuri would be going out again this early.

 

She smiled then nodded, “Sure!”

 

Yuri took her favorite ceramic teacup from the cupboard. It’s got an old timey orange flower pattern embellishing the classic white cup. She then put it on dining table, waiting for her grandpa to finish brewing the special tea.

 

The elder then walked closer in Yuri’s direction who was already seated, still waiting patiently. He brought the teapot carefully not wanting to drop even a shed of his brewed tea.

 

He then poured the freshly white tea slowly, filling the teacup in front of his granddaughter. A subtle light and airy aroma swirled around Yuri’s nostrils as she lifted her teacup. Despite of its name, its color was pale yellow.

 

This ought to be good. Her conscience was not mistaken as she sipped down the tea. It was made from Camellia leaves with some honey added resulting a natural sweetness flavor to Yuri’s mouth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter