Chapter 21

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She turned her body around and… Yuri spotted her then, her stomach flipping in response as she walked through the noisy crowd of people who were also trying to leave the hall. She could see the smile on the figure’s face and suddenly she can’t help herself from thinking that particular smile was the most beautiful thing she had seen that day.

 

Yena’s eyes were already glued on her as Yuri rushed over to the blonde girl in hurry. Her heart jumped and quivered by the sight of her, Yena’s soft smile burning its way into her memory. Once she was close enough, Yuri threw her body onto Yena who was more than ready to pull her into an anticipated hug.

 

Yena’s hands embraced her in instant, while Yuri closed her eyes to savor the moment. It felt like she couldn’t believe over the fact that Yena was there, hugging her at this exact time.

 

She then opened her eyes, tightening the hug because she couldn’t help for wanting to be wrapped up in her arms; in Yena’s arms. After some moment, she pulled back from their hug.

 

Yuri had this kind of invincible wall in her heart past Yena’s absence this past two months. But she was still so happy that Yena is presence on that specific day regardless.

 

Yuri grabbed Yena’s wrist and lead them to where her family is while the latter trailing quietly behind. She introduced the awkward blonde girl to them. They are not lovers anymore so she would just introduce and think of her as... a friend.

 

An ordinary friend with extraordinary power. Her mind added internally.

 

After what seemed like forever, Yuri’s parents excused themselves, leaving the youngsters as they have flight for another business trip so Yuri hugged them for the last time that day.

 

“Hey Yuri, how about we have a drink tonight to celebrate your degree? Yena can come too,” Yujin suddenly suggested.

 

Yena freezes for a second upon hearing the invitation, mind dwelling on how to turn the offer down. “Uh, sorry... I... can’t drink,” she refused politely, avoiding to make the same mistake from her past.

 

Recognizing the reason fully, Yuri spoke up to aid her, “I would love too but not tonight, I guess. I need to catch up on a lot of things with this person here.” She replied while holding Yena’s hands and wink at the tall girl, saving Yena from the situation. But she would gladly take the offer if there was no Yena there actually.

 

“Tsk, no fun. But mayhaps I’ll take this as my chance as well,” Yujin sneakily slide her hand on Wonyoung’s then winked back at Yuri resulting Wonyoung to smack her while smiling awkwardly, embarrassed on the side.

 

They bid their farewell and soon after Yena asked Yuri to come with her which the latter agreed on. They walked out to the parking area; and being the gentle person she is, Yena opened the car’s door for Yuri.

 

While Yena is putting her seat belt on, Yuri asked curiously, “Where are we going?”

 

“Somewhere,” Yena answered vaguely. “I know you must be tired so you can just sleep while we’re on the way. I assure you we’re not going anywhere weird.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter