Chapter 12

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huffs came out from Yuri’s tiny lips as she run through the forest, it’s an early morning on first day of weekend. Her hair was tied in ponytail, wearing training pant, she’s heading to the lake to jog.

 

And to meet Yena.

 

Those two usually texted each other, even if it’s just a simple greeting or the random exchanging lyrics from radio they listened to. But Yena hasn’t been texting like usual for the past three days.

 

Sure Yena still replied to Yuri’s message but her reply came out super late, even sounding... cold and distant. It was so unusual of Yena. Or was Yuri just being too used to her sweet side?

 

Yuri worriedly trying to call her several times to no avail, she is not answering even for once in those three days. Trying best to keep being positive, Yuri thought that Yena might have some troubles going on her. Therefore, Yuri wanted to ask her directly, face-to-face. And as soon as possible.

 

The brunette was running so much she didn’t realize that she’s already close to the lake. She slowed down her pace, looking to right and left, searching for the blonde figure. But instead, she caught a glimpse of hooded figure coming from the other side of forest.

 

The figure wore a black hoodie with hood covering head, a red sweatpant, and white sneakers. Yuri squinting her eyes, tried to get a better look at the hooded figure. Even though she already know there’s only one particular person who jogs there aside of herself.

 

And Yuri’s guess was right, the hooded person is no other than Yena.

 

She suddenly being reminded of their last meeting, the moment that happened in front of her condo. The moment when her lips touched Yena’s soft cheek for the first time. Her heart began racing rapidly again as she look at Yena who was still jogging her way to the lake.

 

In the other hand, Yena were coming to where Yuri is standing. She didn’t avoid the brunette at all, but she put her distance right, around a meter or something away from Yuri.

 

The blonde stood by the edge, gazing at the silvery lake while slipping both hands to her hoodie’s pocket. “What are you doing here?” she is actually quite surprised to see Yuri coming to the lake.

 

Yuri inhaled a breath, trying to calm her heartbeat and decided to ignore Yena’s cold tone. “I came to jog,” she glanced to her side and look at the standing blonde, “Why do you stand so far?”

 

“Yeah, I don’t want your boyfriend to suddenly pop out and see us here,” she answered in the most heartless way, eyes still laid on the peaceful lake.

 

The brunette furrowed her eyebrow, not having the slightest idea at what’s Yena talking about. “My what?? Boyfriend???” she’s choked in complete confusion.

 

“Just...” Yena’s voice sounded faint, her eyes now drifted to the ground below, “Just admit it, Yuri. I saw you and your boyfriend together on last Wednesday.”

 

What is she talking about??? Wednesday? Ah... Then Yuri came to realization that was the day when she treated Yujin, Wonyoung, and also Juno.

 

“Yena I don’t know how you came to that conclusion but I don’t have a boyfriend, okay?” Yuri scooted closer to Yena but the latter still refuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter