Chapter 6

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It could be heard that raindrops still battered on the window. It seemed the rain showed no sign of letting up any soon. Yuri was still in Yena’s room and was sitting on the bed while Yena leaned against the doorframe.

 

They stared at each other for seconds, feeling surrounded by the drumming rain sound before Yena speak up.

 

“Have you eaten breakfast?” Yena’s question earned a shook from Yuri’s head telling her that the latter hasn’t eaten yet.

 

“How does ramyeon sounds?” the blonde asked again.

 

“In weather like this? Sounds perfect!” Yuri replied in excitement, loving the idea to eat a hot steamy ramyeon while it’s raining outside.

 

The two girls go downstairs with Yena leading up the way to the kitchen to cook their meal. Yuri seated herself in the living room not far from the kitchen as it is just across the room. There, the brunette’s eyes travelled to a certain object in the corner of room.

 

It was a piano.

 

“I didn’t know you could play piano,” Yuri said as she still eyeing the object.

 

“I don’t though. I can’t play it at all,” Yena replied while busying herself with the ramyeon ingredients.

 

“They why did you even owning this thing in your house?” she asked in soft tone, not trying to be rude to question to Yena. She mean, why would someone has piano in their house when the person doesn’t even know how to play it?

 

“Well, I bought this house four years ago with every property in it. This house was supposed to be a cottage I think, the seller rarely used it though. And I didn’t know that the seller own a piano before I moved in,” Yena explained making Yuri nods although the latter couldn’t see it since she is still cooking. “Can you play it, Yuri?”

 

“I can play it a little, do you mind?”

 

“Go ahead, you are free to play it to you heart’s content!” the blonde gave permission.

 

Yuri stood up and walked her feet toward the grand pitch black piano. Her hands trailed the shiny fallboard before she opened it up carefully, revealing the white and black keys. It has been so long for Yuri to play the instrument in front of her that she feels the keyboard were calling out to her menacingly, as it couldn’t wait for Yuri’s fingers to dance around it.

 

The brunette pressed a note, testing how the timbre came out from it. She then plays a tune she remembered, her fingers were running melodies in pentatonic scale. It was Edvard Grieg – Morning Mood, a slow yet refreshing and relaxing music.

 

The ramyeon was already cooked but Yena wouldn’t mind even in a bit to call and interrupt Yuri’s sweet tune. If anything, she was fascinated by the melody and adoring the girl at the same time. She never knew hearing piano could make her relax since she never really listened to one instrument before that day.

 

The melody have ended, Yuri took a deep breath after playing the piano until Yena clapped her hands together. The clap made Yuri turned around to see Yena.

 

“Is that a little piece for you? Because it’s not little for me. That was an amazing piece!” she said with a serious face while giving her two thumbs up.

 

“I’ll take it as a compliment, thank you,” Yuri grinned at the sentence Yena just gave her. “I used to learn classical piano back then but stopped because my parents want me to focus in studying more rather than music.”

 

“Too bad, that’s quite a waste of talent. Anyway, meal is ready! Let’s eat while it’s hot, I was absorbed by a certain beautiful brunette who played piano that I almost forgot the finished meal,” Yena just gave another compliment in playful manner.

 

This time Yuri couldn’t contain it, she couldn’t stop the blood rush and heating her skin anymore. She blushed hard, she couldn’t handle this side of Yena.

 

How can she be this sweet?

 

The brunette just nodded her head, signaling for them to finally eat. They weren’t talking while they digging in the food, the two just enjoyed their ramyeon silently to savor the taste it brought up especially the hot steamy soup. Yuri could swear that it is one of the best ramyeon she ever had. Because it was in perfect weather.

 

And because it was with her.

 

“Yuri…” Yena called out making the latter hum in reply as she was slurping her noodle.

 

“Do you mind if I turn on the radio?”

 

Yuri stopped slurping to reply, “This is your house. You literally have the right to do anything you p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter