Chapter 16

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Choi Yena, we finally meet again.”

 

Chaewon took a step forward in order to get closer to Yena, her eyes capturing on the figure before her.

 

“W-what are you doing here? Why would you fight me?” the blonde took in a shaky breath, refusing to have an eye contact with the other girl.

 

“It’s not that I want to fight you but because you keep on running away, I have no other choice. So this is the only way that I could meet you,” she took another step.

 

Yena stepped back, “I don’t want to, please leave…”

 

“Make me then, by defeating me on the ring,” she placed her bag at the side, changing to her fighting outfit and wrapped her fists gracefully. “But if I won, we have to talk. We need to, Yena.”

 

Hearing Chaewon’s voice calling her name was like a slit on . Yena couldn’t reply at all as she watches Chaewon walking out the room. Everything was too overwhelming for her mind to process. She knew and sensed another presence have been following her since she went back from Geumgangsan Mountain.

 

But,

 

She never expected that it was Chaewon. It has never occurred to her mind that the girl would actually show up in her life again, and the more at that place. The underground battle. It’s just too sudden for her.

 

Now it all makes sense as to why those dreams keep appearing in her nights lately.

 

It wasn’t a dream but rather a sign of Chaewon’s reappearance. Her memory played certain flashbacks in her dream unconsciously after she sensed the girl’s presence hazily. And all those flashbacks she had didn’t help at all.

 

The blonde had to drag her feet unwillingly to walked out and finally get on the ring. She had to at least try winning the fight, all for the good. For her favor. And Yuri’s.

 

Yena could hear Yuri and Yujin’s cheering from the side, but once she sees opponent across her, every noise getting vague. She barely could listen to the crowd even.

 

And the fight started before she can realize. She’s having her guard stance with both hands, but Chaewon wasn’t planning to do punch only. A kick followed by quickly, sending Yena on the floor.

 

At the side, Yuri could see that Yena’s eyes were slightly different. Her eyes weren’t in focus, also full of darkness. Yuri has never seen this kind of eyes from Yena before, it’s the first time for her. She knows something must have bothered Yena’s mind but she also can’t do anything now. Not until they have a talk.

 

With a worried face, Yuri yelled, “Stand uppp! I know you can do it, Yena!” she tried to get Yena back on her feet.

 

And Yena stood up, dodging Chaewon’s attempt to grab her. The blonde took this as an opportunity to move in but Chaewon was all prepared. She caught Yena’s blow with her hand and quickly landed an upper-cut right into the blonde’s chin with her other hand.

 

The brunette heard the impact of Chaewon’s hand against Yena’s chin clearly. She grimaced as she watches Yena once again trying to compose her standing.

 

But Yena wasn’t readying her stance. She’s looking as if she wasn’t on her own head while standing still there.

 

I know there’s no way I would win this fight. Not against her, the same kind as mine who lives longer than me already.

 

Then Yena raised her hand in the air before she stepped out, leaving the ring and the red-haired girl behind. Her sudden action makes all the audience shocked completely while she walk down and goes to the back room.

 

Yena has given up the fight.

 

The MC then announced Chaewon as the winner, receiving crowds to cheers for her. But Chaewon’s expression isn’t exactly pleased even though she won. She went down and tried to follow Yena back to the room.

 

Watching Yena backing down like that, Yuri left Yujin who’s also in confusion right away in order to go to the blonde as soon as she can. She worriedly left the crowds and into the hallway, bringing herself to the back room’s doorway.

 

Just when Yuri was about to open the doorknob, it being half opened from inside the room.

 

“Yena, we really should-“

 

Yena cut her off in instant. “Fine, we’ll talk,” her voice echoed from the room with hand on the doorknob. She met Yuri’s eyes right after she opened it fully. Yena’s face was all stiff but she grabbed Yuri’s hand afterward. “But not now,” she continued her words to the other girl, “Meet me at the cliff near waterfall within forest tomorrow.”

 

“Let’s go home, Yuri.”

 

The confused brunette got dragged, she have no idea what just happened. One thing she’s aware of for sure is that Yena in a way was feeling uncomfortable.

 

They were finally inside Yena’s car. Without a word, Yena quickly put Yuri’s seat belt on and do hers. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter