Chapter 9

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Thursday evening, Yuri has laid her body on her soft couch at her condominium. Minju were at the kitchen, looking for something she could drink from Yuri’s fridge. She was thirsty after the long afternoon class that day.

 

“Good thing you have cola,” Minju began, her hand grabbing a bottle of cola from the cool fridge.

 

“Minju?” Yuri called when Minju’s other hand closing the fridge’s door.

 

Minju looked over to where Yuri lie her body, “Yes?”

 

“Pass me that,” she demanded, pointing at the bottle that her friend hold.

 

Minju rolled her eyes in instant, not wanting to give her bottle to Yuri so she retaliated. “Yah! Seriously? Go get your lazy here and grab yourself one, Jo Yuri!”

 

An evil grin playing on Yuri’s face, feeling determined not to lose in bickering with her friend. “Aw come on, that bottle is mine literally. Now give me that.”

 

Minju’s expression turned flat, she was frowning. She couldn’t think of a counter so she just complied. Her hand opened the fridge once more, grabbing another cola bottle. She sighed on her way to Yuri’s place before she handed one of the bottles.

 

Looking upward, Yuri sat up, still grinning as she take the bottle and raise it on the air like she has just won an award. “Thank you, you’re the best!” she said just to make the latter give her a bitter smile in defeat.

 

Light bulb sprouted above Minju’s head, represents that she had an idea. Still holding the bottle, she sticked it onto Yuri’s cheek. Touched with the cold surface of bottle, Yuri felt shivers running down her spine in that second while closing her eyes in surprise. Now Minju was the one who grins, feeling satisfied with the outcome of her little revenge.

 

“Yahh! Stop it, Minju!” she yelled, standing up from her seat and place the bottle down onto table. She started chasing Minju who has begun running in the room.

 

Minju tried to keep her distance from the latter while laughing all the way. But Yuri stopped her chase in front of certain cabinet. It has a radio placed on top of it.

 

And it reminded her of Yena.

 

So the brunette turned the radio on, she changed the station and goes back to her seat. She pulled out her phone from pocket. Pressing her lips, Yuri’s feeling hesitated for a brief moment. She thought texting Yena first is quite an obstacle she need to overcome, so she started typing a message to a contact named ‘Beast’.

 

“Hey, Yena. What are you doing at this hour?”

 

Yuri sent the text, putting down her phone nervously onto table and holding her cola bottle. She opened the bottle cap as Minju coming to her side, joining to sit on the couch. The two gulps their drinks, throat freshen and tickled by the soda’s burst inside their mouth. Soon enough they heard a short notification tone, it was from Yuri’s phone. She picked her phone quickly to read the Beast’s reply.

 

“I’m standing on a bridge

I’m waiting in the dark

I thought that you’d be here by now”

 

Yuri rubbed her chin softly, pondering what was the reply about then realized that it was the radio’s song lyric. The radio was playing I’m With You by Avril Lavigne. It’s not a too old or classic of a song but still considered as one nonetheless. Yuri had no idea what to reply to this kind of message, nobody has texted her with lyric, so she guess continuing it would be the best choice. She tapped the phone’s keyboard faster than before, typing the next lyric.

 

“There’s nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground

I’m listening but there’s no sound ♬”

 

Yuri didn’t know that Minju managed to read who she was sending the text to. Minj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter