Chapter 18

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the midst of forest, Yuri began to walk faster and faster. She stomped on the solid ground with humid fallen leaves on it all the way to that place.

 

The lake.

 

She and Yena might be not in a good term lately but that doesn’t mean they would stop their routine to jog together. That was like the start of their first meeting and Yuri knows that Yena would never skip to jog.

 

And who knows if Yena would open up to her today?

 

Yuri is very adamant and persistent to keep everything to work out in her way.

 

Arrived at the lake, it was tranquil and soothing to the heart to look at the silvery water flowing quietly. But Yena wasn’t there. So Yuri decided to wait a bit more as she thought the girl might be jogging within the forest.

 

After some minutes passed, a breeze just flew by and Yuri shivered from it. It’s not the kind of breeze that she usually feels while being there. Something is unusual while Yuri felt the chills running down her spine in some way. And Yena is still nowhere to be seen in her vision.

 

The sky turned into greyish color, wind rushing more, piercing into the thick air above the lake. After several long seconds of silence, Yuri brings her arms together as she heard thunder rolled across the malevolent sky. It was so loud, violent to the ears, like a negative reflection echoing across the green landscape in front of her.

 

She took it as a cue to hurriedly take shelter before a storm is happening. There’s no other shelter than Yena’s house. Besides, Yena would come home eventually when the rain starts to pour later.

 

Thus Yuri went there without waiting more. She opened the unlocked door slowly.

 

Huh? Did Yena forget to lock the door before going out earlier?

 

She pondered as she wander around the house, checking if Yena really went out. She walked across the living room, to the kitchen, and finally goes upstairs.

 

As she step on the second floor, there was a tiny voice grumbling from Yena’s room. It didn’t take long for Yuri to come over, pushing the door’s handle carefully revealing that Yena was still sleeping inside.

 

So she didn’t jog at all.

 

Yuri came closer to the bed side and silently watching until Yena suddenly tossed her head to the other side, grumbling once again. Her face looks like she was suffering from something, something that Yuri didn’t know of.

 

She must have a nightmare, a very bad one that she hasn’t woken up from it.

 

Then Yuri took a chair, placing it at the side of the bed before she sits on it. She bring her hand on Yena’s cheek, caressing it softly with her thumb in order to calm her down without waking her up.

 

“I’m here, Yena... I’ll be here until you wake up,” she whispered before her hand trailed down the blonde’s hand, holding it tenderly.

 

She leaned her head on the bed, looking at the blonde’s face while holding her hand at the side. It was the only thing she could do until Yuri lose her consciousness. She dozed off while waiting.

 

Quite some time has passed since Yuri fell asleep. Yena opened her eyes hardly from another of her dream, or rather it was a very vivid memory of her past life. She was about to get up to get herself water before she realize there was a hand that has been holding her.

 

She glanced to the side and there was the brunette girl, leaning her head on the bed at the side.

 

Yuri was sleeping on the chair while holding Yena’s hand.

 

Looking at the girl she loves deeply right after she wake up, Yena’s lips curved up immediately.

 

It was the first time Yena smiled widely after a while.

 

You’re still looking so adorable even when you’re sleeping, Jo Yuri.

 

After the nightmare she had just seen, Yena would have been panting and sweating heavily but with Yuri on her side, now, it somehow calmed her mind.

 

Yena sits on the bed, putting her free hand onto the brunette’s that have been holding her. She lifted Yuri’s hand up in a bit to free her hand before putting it back down.

 

Then she brushed the brunette’s fringes aside as she landed a warm and devout kiss on the latter’s bare forehead.

 

The warmth lips on Yuri’s skin made her flinched from her slumber, forcing the girl to be awake. Eyes slightly and slowly opening, her vision became clearer and she sees Yena’s face closely. The latter straightened her body while rubbing her eyes reflectively

 

“Why are you here?” Yena asked briefly, her husky voice was in raucous state.

 

Yuri leaned back in the chair and attempted to relax, “I was waiting for you to show up near the lake but you didn’t come, so I came here and heard you were grumbling during your sleep…” she paused for a second. “You looked restless in your sleep so I keep a watch for you and fell asleep too, sorry.”

 

I guess it’s time to let her know.

 

“Ah, I see… Thank you for watching over me,” she got up from the bed despite still having a heavy head feeling. “Let me wash up in a bit, I feel terrible.”

 

The brunette nodded at her, “Sure, I’ll wait downstairs.”

 

After some time, faint footsteps could be heard from the stairs. Following the banister, Yena went down the treads carefully, her head feels a bit lighter after she washed up. Meanwhile Yuri have prepared a glass of water on the table, she took the glass and offered it to Yena which the latter took it.

 

Feeling the needs to drink, Yena took a slight but audible gulp before she put the glass down on table. She sat on the soft sofa before her, bringing her hand to massage her temple.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter