Chapter 8

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lonely, diamond-silver orb hangs in the dark sky. Tendrils of moonlight were shimmering through an ancient tree and made its way above two souls who stands firmly underneath the tree. It was a lovely full moon night for their eyes.

 

“Are you sure you really wanted this, Yena?” a voice ringed in Yena’s ears softly.

 

“1000% sure! Make me one of your kind, I’m prepared,” Yena replied right away, her voice not showing any doubt even in tiniest bit.

 

With that said, the other woman stepped back, around 5 steps from Yena. She took off her tuscany jacket that was enveloping her body warmly and release it on the ground. With her eyes closed, her body began to shapeshift into a large humanoid wolf.

 

A lycanthrope.

 

Yena stood still in awe, feeling amazed with the scene that just happened before her very eyes. Beguiled by the creature’s beauty. It felt surreal yet it is real.

 

The lycanthrope took a step, as slow as a snail could ever be, and walked closer in Yena’s direction. In a few seconds later, the lycanthrope were already standing right in front of her with its claw readying to embrace, or rather grab the girl.

 

The girl could feel her breathe becomes heavy at the sight but she didn’t move away. She caressed the soft fur tenderly instead and closed her eyes, giving signal to the lycanthrope to go on.

 

And a signal to bite her.

 

Then everything seemed to be in slow motion and become blurry.

 

Yena’s eyes were shot open as she panting heavily. She immediately sat up on her bed, shaking her head and bringing her palms to cover her face. She could feel sweats were sliding down her temple.

 

It has been a long time since she has that nightmare.

 

###

 

Yuri took her curler off from her light brown hair and put it back on the table in front of her. She let her hair down on loose then stood up to see how it looks in the mirror.

 

Wavy enough, you did great Jo Yuri! She nodded her head in agreement with her thought.

 

Soon enough a doorbell ring echoed in the house. Yuri picked her denim jacket then jogged her way down the stairs.

 

“I’ll be going, Grandpa!” she yelled, still jogging to the front door.

 

“Be careful on your way!” her grandpa shouted back from the kitchen.

 

Yuri slipped her hands on the jacket’s sleeve before twisting the doorknob, opening the door with her head popped behind it. She opened the door wider, revealing Yena who were standing at the front.

 

The blonde wore a tight zipped leather jacket with black jeans, matching with the jacket. Her hair was tied in tidy ponytail. Just like when Yuri first saw her.

 

Both the girls were eyeing each other from head to toe until Yena offered her warm smile at Yuri.

 

“You look…” the blonde started and paused a second. “… Different. Are you trying to impress me?”

 

The brunette questioned back, “Is it working?” she was anticipating what Yena’s answer would be.

 

“Kind of,” slightly opened, puckering her lips as she lightly blew a whistle. “Well, not kind of, it’s perfectly working on me.”

 

Yuri tried to hold it in but her cheeks were getting warmer at the sound. “Thank you.” Her thought drifted for one moment. I have to thank Yujin later for her advice.

 

“You look stunning too,” Yuri added, receiving the latter to scratch her back neck.

 

“Shall we go?” the blonde asked while her thumb pointing at her vehicle on her back.

 

The brunette’s eyes glanced to the vehicle that she hasn’t take notice before. She was expecting it to be a big motorbike as Yena gave her a cool impression for a person. But it revealed to be… a scooter. And a yellow one.

 

 

Yena is really vintage. Yuri giggled at Yena’s uniqueness.

 

“What are you giggling at?” Yena raised her eyebrow, confused as to why Yuri is giggling.

 

“Nothing, I just thought you’d bring a badass motorbike instead of scooter,” she giggled again.

 

“This one is slower but definitely safer on the road,” she said as they walk closer to the scooter.

 

Yuri followed, not minding in a bit to ride a scooter. “You are quite the safety freak,” she teased but the latter won’t deny it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter