Chapter 17

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days has passed since Yena talked with Chaewon and of course Yena hasn’t said anything to Yuri yet. It was agonizing waiting for her to speak up and it was like Yena couldn’t keep her focus on one specific thing at time.

 

The rest of the weekend passed slow as Yuri was visiting Yena’s house by the lake. She wanted to keep her company as much as she can even when the latter has been not herself for the past week.

 

The blonde was just sitting on the couch, playing a game in her hands. She was so emotionless, or more like she doesn’t want to show any emotion.

 

Yuri stopped playing the piano at the corner and took a seat beside Yena soon after. Honestly, it was quite frightening for Yuri to watch her like this. So she kept silent until Yena finally notice her.

 

Eyes darted at Yuri, she finally made a reaction. “Hmm?”

 

Shocked by the sudden reaction, Yuri shook her head, “Umm, do you want to talk about that..?”

 

“... I don’t want to talk right now, sorry,” eyes back focusing on her game.

 

Yuri tried to remain calm, Yena have been giving her the same reply for the past week. “But I want you to talk to me... We’re in this together, Yena...”

 

Yena lets out a sigh, “I know, but please...”

 

If only you would talk to me, I have been waiting patiently.

 

The brunete took a deep breath, she knows somehow Yena is hurting inside so she needed to have more patience rather than pressing further. “Let’s talk about something else then,” she still tries to have a conversation with Yena because it’s killing her slowly. “Is there something you believe from legends? Or some myths?”

 

Yena felt her heart dropped by the sound, it was a very random question coming out from Yuri as they have never talked about this before. She paused her game in instant, “Like what?”

 

“Like vampires or such...”

 

I don’t know about vampire’s existence actually but,

 

“Yeah, I do believe they exist,” she brought her gaze at the brunette. “What do you think?

 

“I don’t know actually, maybe they are just myth creatures. I mean it’s like impossible in this modern day to have them exist. There would have been commotions all over the world if they do...”

 

Yena heard it just right. I see...

 

“Why are you asking this?” Yena asks, her eyes falls onto the game she paused earlier. If she was emotionless, now she looks gloomy.

 

Yuri shook her head again, “Nothing, I just wanted to get you to talk to me, Yena. I’m worried about you-“

 

“Enough please Yuri, you have told me that probably a thousand times already,” she cut Yuri off.

 

The brunette was hoping that Yena would try to opening up but it seems it’s not happening today too. She took another deep breath, attempting to keep her calm despite not receiving a very good reaction from the latter. “Maybe I should leave if you want to be... alone for a while?”

 

“Mmm, that would be good I guess...” her tone was low but it’s enough to hear clearly.

 

Standing up from the comfy couch, Yuri waited for the blonde to at least give her a kiss or just a hug but she didn’t move at all. So she walked out of Yena’s house, tears have been swelled up as she stepped out.

 

She didn’t get to know what ordeal that Yena have been pulled through in. Not in the slightest even if she wanted to understand.

 

Maybe Yena need some bit of distance. It’s okay, Jo Yuri.

 

That time Yuri left with a heavy heart while hoping Yena would reach out to her anytime she’s ready.

 

After that, the distance involves her and Yena have been starting to get horrible. Yuri didn’t want to worry it too much because worrying doesn’t help anything but Yena wasn’t making it any easier for her too.

 

Yena was shutting down all the way.

 

But she would still check up on her nonetheless, even if that hurts her inside but her feelings for Yena is stronger than the pain she feels.

 

###

 

Moonlight shone intimidatingly on the sleeping city as it turned into a full moon. The moon was deep silver, hung smoky and yellow behind thin scudding clouds in the darkest sky.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter