Chapter 19

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri could barely have any sleep, her thoughts had driven her crazy that night. She couldn’t forget Yena’s words that have been replaying endlessly in her head. Her mind was analyzing every word, still trying to comprehend what was really happened a couple hours ago.

 

Sadly, nothing came out except the fact that Yena is a lycanthrope. And the fact that her relation with Yena has ended.

 

Just thinking about her and Yena caused a tightening in her chest. It was almost like she’s still in shock, like she still couldn’t believe they were really over.

 

She glanced at the mirror, seeing the bad eyebags that had formed from last night. Her eyes were red from the lack of sleep, and her skin was fairly dull. She looked like in complete mess.

 

Being honest, she was afraid to leave first when Yena told her to, actually. Afraid that if she leaves then that really means they’re ending things between them. But she also thought her leaving was just for a while and to give Yena some space she needed so they could go back together but now she wasn’t sure anymore.

 

She wasn’t sure if their breakup is a bad thing or a good thing. It could be considered a good thing knowing how dangerous Yena could be. And at the same time, that could also be considered as a bad thing since deep down inside she was still yearning for Yena. What Yuri desperately need was a distraction because her day would still goes on.

 

Even without Yena.

 

Yuri met Minju on her way to campus in the morning. As soon as Minju saw her, she knows that something’s up immediately so she lightly tapped her shoulder then asked. “What’s wrong with you, Yuri?” giving the latter a worried face.

 

The brunette looked down, suddenly hard to swallow. “Let’s talk about this later after class. I don’t think I can tell you right now.”

 

Shock was all written in Minju’s expression, she wanted to ask more but restrain herself and be understanding once she sees Yuri’s eyes. “Sure, I’ll come over to your place tonight.”

 

And that was that, Yuri distracted herself in study for the next few hours. Everything was sad and shallow for her that day. She almost has no energy to do anything besides focusing to the lecture in the class. Her brain might be successfully distracted but no matter what she couldn’t shove away the pain in her chest.

 

It was a total struggle until the classes were over and Minju rushed into her side, slipping her hands into Yuri’s, giving her a comforting squeeze. The trip to Yuri’s place was quiet even though the streets were busy.

 

Everything just… feels hurt and unfair to Yuri.

 

By the time they made to Yuri’s condo, she felt her head spinning in circles. Minju’s hand in hers was the only thing that keeping her anchored to reality itself. As soon as they stepped into the living room, Yuri’s tears were spilling instantaneously. She finally lets it all out and Minju was holding her, telling that things would go okay.

 

But Yuri knew that nothing would be okay for her, at least not in anytime soon because Yena had taken a big part in her life already. And it can’t be undone in any way.

 

Minju just stared at her, wide-eyed with grief still holding her hands.

 

“We are over,” Yuri finally took the courage to say it in the middle of her sobbing.

 

“What?” Minju actually heard it clearly. But she needed to confirm because besides Yujin, only Minju knows about Yuri’s relation with Yena. She knows just how much they love each other so it’s too surprising to hear the sudden news.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter