Chapter 8

Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon POV

I walked away from them, I was too caught up with my anger, frustration, everything that I had for my dad i hate him for what he had done to us, to mom. I didn't wanna cry or be weak infront of everyone so I just held my tears. A few more minutes until the school bell rang. I went back inside the classroom, the three still hasn't arrived yet 'good' I thought, I felt guilty over what I did to them or to minjoo earlier but I had too much ego so it never really bothered me to say sorry to them. All I could do now is wait for the bell to ring and just go thru the day like it was normal.

Reading a book again to subdue the boredom, my classmates were already coming back inside classroom one by one as the school bell finally rang, the three were back now. But I never look at them, I didn't want to I felt guilty, yes, but I just wanted to be alone, like how it was when I was a kid. The thought of having friends was never my idea it was my mom she wanted me to have friends, but that never worked out as I was too focus on being a homebody she eventually give up. My childhood was spent mostly being lonely I was homeschooled after all, always at home, either studying or playing with my mom or our maid, or literally everyone who works with us, that was my so called happiness atleast.  I never had friends except our workers, not until now. 

Our teacher starts discussing now. I paid attention to what she was saying, as time goes by it was already class dismissal.

 

"Class dismiss" My teacher said waving us goodbye's as he walked out of the classroom. My phone was buzzing indicating a call from someone I looked at it and it was my mom, I distance myself from the three before answering the call. "Yes mom? What's with the sudden call?" I answered "Can't a mother call their own daughter?", The latter retorted "I just wanted to tell you if you want to hang out with your mother, how 'bout we eat something delicious at the restaurant to you always like?" she asked "I'd love too, I'm done with my class i can go there now" i said "Great, I'll see you there, take care love you my sweet pumpkin". After that she ended the call, I started arranging my stuff to put it back inside my backpack, I remembered that minjoo was living with me but I couldn't bring her with me, atleast not now. I gave her the keycard to the apartment and said "I'll be going home alittle late, use this to get inside the room". "Oh okay" Minjoo retorted.

Minjoo POV

Chaewon left the room as her steps slowly fading away.

"Oh ya, you live with Chaewon?" Yena asked

I only hummed in response

"How? No, I mean why?" She asked again. I explain to her what happened with my situation at the moment. 

"That's nice of her to not ask anything in return" Yuri said

"You guys wanna hang out?" Yena excitedly asked

 "Let's eat tteokbokki!" Yuri enthusiastically said.

We started putting all our stuff back inside our bags when we heard some running footsteps "Can we come too?" Hyewon asked us, entering our classroom followed by wonyoung, chayeon, saku-chan, hii-chan, nako-chan, yujin and eunbi.

"Yeah of course, the squad is complete, kinda?", Yena was smiling ear-to-ear "Eunbi-unnie's treat!" she added. Thankfully eunbi just nod her head.

"Let's gooooo" All of us said in unison.

~~

"Ya, we should have taken a taxi, it's a tiresome to walk already" Yena kept on complaining while she was panting

"We're almost there, besides walking is healthy we also get to spend some time chit-chatting" Chaeyeon retorted

"There it is!" Hyewon shouted making all of us startled, well except for yena she keeps on complaining but that stop she gaze over to where hyewon was looking "Your right!"

Yujin and yena went running towards the place to reserve some seats for their friends, that place was quite known.

While the rest was behind yujin and yena, yena suddenly halt in her position when she saw someone familiar across the street "Oh? ya, isn't that Chaewonnie?" Yena asked yujin who was beside her 

"Who's chaewonnie, unnie?"

"Ah, right you only met her once"

Yena suddenly went running her way to chaewon "Chaewonnie!"

"Kim Chaewon!"

This act caught the squads attention especially Minjoo's. The rest followed Yena greeting chaewon.

Chaewon POV

Someone suddenly screamed out my name 'That sounds familiar' she thought. Looking over to whoever was calling her name she saw Yena running towards her, she was giggling at the sight. Other people were also behind yena.

Yena was panting and trying to catch some breath.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that? What are you guy's doing her?" I said looking over to the group of friends.

Before Yena could talk back, her mom went outside the restaurant, she was supposedly going to ask chaewon briefly to get inside the restaurant now but the group of friends caught her mother's attention

"Are these you friends Chaewon-ah?" The la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter