22nd May, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

22nd May, 2019

 

It’s been over 2 weeks since your enlistment, is everything going alright for you? I hope you’re doing fine, I miss you dearly. 

Today is Junmyeon’s birthday, I can’t help but realize that this could be his last birthday celebrating with us before he enlists possibly later this year. He did a short Instalive last night after Stage K’s pre-recording, and talked to us. He also expressed how he missed you greatly when he mentioned how other members wished him a happy birthday. Yixing too wished him before he boarded on the plane earlier that evening, travelling from Korea back to China. Things have been harsh on him lately, antis are against him even more nowadays, which I’m sure you too are as heartbroken as we are upon hearing this. He released a teaser to his new song ‘Honey’ a couple of days ago, it gave the PATHCODE vibe. I greatly missed that era. Kyungsoo went to his friend’s musical last night, possibly explaining why he didn’t go to the Stage K pre-recording. 

Today is Wednesday, will we get another picture of you today? Or perhaps tomorrow? I can’t express in words just how much I miss you. Maybe a picture of you will give me a certain degree of assurance that you’re in fact doing well in the camp. Most people tend to get really skinny in the first couple of months in camp, I pray that you’ll stay healthy. Days are getting longer and hotter, please never forget to drink more water and stay hydrated. I can do nothing but pray for your well-being from here, though I indeed wanted to do more. Your gift to us, your song ‘You’, is really a comforting piece. I listen to it daily. Thank you. 

564 days till you’re out, I’ll wait for you. Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I’ll remain patiently waiting.