7th May, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

7th May, 2019

You must’ve had a tiring day today, with so many new things happening around you, so many things to start learning from scratch, you must be exhausted, and might even be lonely too. As am I. It has not even been 24 hours since your enlistment, yet I’m already starting to miss you so badly, an emptiness I can’t put into words. 

More than once, I feel myself on the brink of crying, and every time I feel tears rushing out, I’ll tell myself to hold it back, because I know you wouldn’t want to see me cry. And I keep telling myself that what I’m going through is nothing compared with what you’re going through now. So I won’t cry, I’ll smile instead.

I’m glad to see your brothers and friends seeing you off today. In truth, I envy them so, the way they got to see you off with a smile on their face, the way they could give you hugs and say all the words they wanted to say to you in person. I can’t, so I’m writing this down, in hope that you’ll be able to find even a slight bit of comfort reading it.

579 days till you’re out, I’ll wait for you.
Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I’ll remain patiently waiting.