13th May, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

13th May, 2019

 

Mother’s Day went by with a hint of bitterness this year. I can’t help but wonder if your mother had a nice one this year. I’m sure she’d be even more concerned about you than myself, you are her son after all. I pray that she had a nice day. 

It’s almost been a week since your enlistment, I’m pretty sure you’re well adjusted into the life in camp by now. Heard that you love drinking milk there, I would send you boxes of fresh milk every day if I could. In fact, I would send you dozens of cows just to make sure you’ll get fresh milk to drink every day! Sorry, my jokes are kinda bad, right? Weather’s warming up, please stay hydrated, I know you sweat a lot, please drink enough water. I’m sure you’ll pull through the hot weather, given that your power is frost, no? Gosh, I should stop with these jokes that are not even funny to begin with. I guess I’m just trying to tell you…we’re all good out here, don’t need to worry about us. 

Chanyeol and Sehun returned from LA today, it pains me to see them getting pushed and shoved in the airport every time. I guess you now can have a break from all that now in camp. No more sasaengs, no more annoying calls at night, no more weird texts…Jongdae’s collab song is out too! You should listen to it, the high notes will blow your mind off! Also, SM posted the video of you and Jongdae in Hanok village today, when I watched it, it warmed my heart, as if you’re right here with us. I miss you, a lot. Stay healthy, stay happy, we love you. 

573 days till you’re out, I’ll wait for you. Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I’ll remain patiently waiting.