8th May, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

8th May, 2019

Did you sleep well last night? Was the blanket warm enough? Were you able to sleep on the hard surface? What did you have for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Hope you'll be able to keep yourself full, it's important to stay energized.

Everyone is doing well out here, seems like Kyungsoo is getting his cooking license, but of course, you would've heard about it from him already. Jongin spent the afternoon with his niece and nephew, he also commented under your IG post, saying how sorry he was for not being able to see you off yesterday. We all know why he couldn't go, and I'm sure you do too, he said he'll go visit you, so just wait a little longer. I would love to visit you too some time, if I can afford the ticket to Korea that is! Lay is busy as always, I'm sure you know that better than all of us, and I'm sure you don't mind him not being there to send you off personally. The way you and him talked over the phone during your fanmeeting, the way both of you giggled, I still can't get that scene out of my mind.

SM released your station teaser this afternoon, your gift to us before you left, it's beautiful. I can't wait till the MV comes out tomorrow! We'll try our best to make you feel proud, we will, don't you worry. It must've been a cold day when you filmed the MV, how tiring it must've been for you back then, it aches my heart knowing so.

And also, I've been hesitant in whether or not I should tell you this...but I suppose you might want to know about it. Luhan liked your shaved-head picture today. A hint of joy, and a little bit of sadness mixed in my mind when I saw the notification. How would things be if 2014 didn't happen, I'd always ask myself. Would things have gone better like we hoped, or would things have gone worse? I suppose there's no point thinking about this, I believe everything happened for the best. That's what made EXO into the EXO we know today.

That's all from me now, is it your bedtime? When do you have to go to bed? Do you ever have the trouble falling asleep, because I do and I can't seem to recall you mentioning this subject. Well, I suppose you'll fall asleep within seconds in the barrack after a long, sweaty, exhausting day. Hang in there, you can do it, you've always done well in everything, I believe you'll do great in there too.

578 days till you're out, I'll wait for you.

Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I'll remain patiently waiting.