21st June, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

21st June, 2019

 

Wow! Where do I begin, Oppa? July will truly drive us crazy! How are you? How’s your life in camp these days? Have you started being the Assistant Instructor already? Have you received your first batch of trainees already? I heard that Assistant Instructors have more holidays than regular soldiers, you deserve it, since it’ll be quite tough for you to be an Assistant Instructor. Whenever you feel tired, just remember that we’re out here cheering for you! Fighting! 

Well, many things have happened during the past couple of days, including today. At long last, 10 days till his enlistment, we got news of Kyungsoo releasing a station song on 1st July, a gift for us EXOLs! I literally broke into tears after hearing the news. I really thought he’d leave without giving us a chance to show our support to him. Yes, we may not get his ‘Heart For You’ series, and we may not get any fanmeeting, but at least we can stream his song and show him our support. I’m sure that’s what he like too, he doesn’t like to give people burden and maybe he thought having a lot of events will be burdensome to others…like you, he’s a very considerate kid, well, all of EXO are. We know that Baekhyun will debut as solo artist on 10th July, the minialbum name is ‘City Lights’ and it’ll have 6 songs. Still no news about Chanyeol and Sehun’s subunit, but I guess it’ll be released soon. Jongin’s new variety show will have its first broadcast tonight! Will you be able to watch it, I wonder? He and Suho went to the Stranger Things red carpet yesterday after spending the day taking the casts around Seoul. Lay did live frequently these days too, it’s nice to take a peek into your lives…that is, if you let us. 

I hate the idea that some people would violate that, and cross the line – those sasaengs, I meant. Sasaeng has tried to break into Chanyeol’s studio when he was away, we’re told…we weren’t given a lot of details because I heard they’re going to persecute the sasaeng. I really wish those sasaengs will get the punishment they deserve, and learn to respect artists’ privacy. It’s been 7 years since EXO’s debut, I could imagine how tiring it can be for you guys, to constantly have to keep yourselves away from those heartless people who are not fit to be called ‘fans’. I pray for all of you daily. 

534 days till you’re out, I’ll wait for you. Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I’ll remain patiently waiting.