1st July, 2019

Letter to the Barrack - From: EXOL (2019)

1st July, 2019

To Kyungsoo:

 

Have everything settled down for you, Oppa? Did you get a good spot in the barrack? It’s summer now, so I hope you’ll get a spot where it won’t be too hot at night, but this won’t really matter if your room is air-conditioned. Is it? Please take care of yourself, you always remind us to stay healthy and eat delicious food, now I suppose it’s our turn to say that to you. We EXOLs are looking forward to seeing your transformation into a healthier, stronger, Kyungsoo! 

Today really is a roller-coaster, right? Of course we were a bit taken aback to know that you won’t be in “That’s Okay” MV, but we all accepted it with a smile because we know just how much you must’ve worked on this song and how much you must’ve thought through before deciding to convey the message you wish to this way. I know I might sound emotional but…I can’t stand carrying on life without you, and today the feeling’s even stronger. To be honest, when Minseok Oppa enlisted, I wasn’t as sad, I suppose it’s because we had plenty of time to say goodbye beforehand. But for you, well, we barely seen each other since January this year and the news was so unexpected, I guess that did have some effect on me. I don’t blame you, not at all! Please don’t think of it that way, I respect your decision, totally, and it’s been a great lesson for me…always treasure every moment we spend together, because life is always full of the unexpected. 

Please return safely without getting hurt. I’ll be praying for you, as well as for Minseok Oppa. Yixing Oppa must’ve really wanted to come see you off, because we saw him hurrying in the airport back to China this afternoon. It’s been 2 years since the last real-life OT9 interaction, and for many EXOLs, today is the first time they see Yixing Oppa with EXO in one frame. Indeed, it’s been a very teary day for us, tears of sadness, tears of joy. I’ve been listening to your song non-stop since its release, which debuted No.8 on Melon by the way, and every time the song finishes, my heart will feel empty, longing to hear the song once again. It’s very like today, just when we got to see a lot of photos of you, you’ll have to be away for 18 months… 

Well, these following couple of weeks will be the most stressful time for you, with physical training and such, please take care, and get along well with your ‘friends’ in camp, I’m sure you’d have befriend some already by now. Please appear in my dream tonight, so I can say goodbye to you properly one last time before really letting go. 

574 days till you’re out, I’ll wait for you. Many days more till EXO can be back together in full, and here I’ll remain patiently waiting.