Never mess with Sonya if her friends are around^^

Are we destined for each other?

Chapter 8

*Author’s POV*

“That Sonya’s probably told her ‘friends’ about us, we can’t do much to her now to back off from them!” Scarlet glowed with anger.

“Why don’t we keep on doing it? We could still do it in the bathrooms and just ignore her as if she’s invisible,” Chaerim narrowed her eyes.

“De, we shall do that, she’s not protected in the bathrooms and ignoring her would make her upset too, not long after she wouldn’t be hanging around with the guys that were meant to be with us!” smirked So Min.

The three girls high fived each other and chuckled.

 

*Sonya’s POV*

All the bullying that I received had reduced due to my oppas hanging around with me all the time. However there were some other places that I couldn’t avoid getting bullied like the female bathrooms or sometimes inside the locker rooms some girls liked to push me away to get to their lockers first. I would always be the last one to get out of the locker room as all the girls kept me waiting before I had the chance to get my books or put them away.

 

Scarlet, Chaerim and So Min still sent me death glares in class and most of the girls ignored me as a sign of not wanting to accept me hanging around with my oppas.

 

It was already October 1st which was a day before my birthday, I was so glad that my birthday was on the weekend so I could spent my birthday with my unnies and dongsaengs.

 

“Saengil chuka hamnida for tomorrow Sonya!” Hyun Joong, Young Saeng, Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun all shouted to me as Jung Min and I went separate ways from the others.

 

 

As I got off the bus with Jung Min my phone rang. It cut off our conversation.

I picked it up while mouthing an apology to Jung Min.

“Yeboseo?”

 

“Sonya!!! I’m so glad you’ve picked up, do you think you can come to ice skating, it’s the one that’s near Steph’s tomorrow with me, Janice, Steph and Veronica?” Rachel said happily through the phone.

 

“De unnie I can come,” I answered smiling.

“That’s so good, we decided to celebrate your birthday tomorrow for the whole day with you and ice skating will be so much fun!” Rachel said sweetly.

“Rachel unnie, gumawo for treating my birthday for me like that,” I grinned through the phone.

“Chon mahn eh yo,” Rachel replied.

We both hung up and I turned to Jung Min.

“Mianhae Minnie oppa, my friend Rachel just called me,” I apologised.

“Aniyo, it doesn’t matter are you two going out tomorrow for your birthday?” Jung Min asked in curiosity.

“De, but it’s not just the two of us, my three other best friends are coming along too,” I answered.

 

“Wait you’re in a friendship group of five yourself?” Jung Min was surprised.

“De, just like the five of you except that we’re girls,” I chuckled seeing his surprised look.

“I see,” he nodded.

We went in our street and I stopped at my house.

“Well I should go in now, see you on Monday oppa,” I smiled.

“Arraso, ayneong!” he waved and went on down the street to his house.

 

*The next day*

I woke up the next day to the smell of raspberry muffins in the kitchen. A feeling of excitement rushed up inside me at the thought of seeing my unnies and dongsaengs again and going ice skating too!

 

 

“Be careful at ice skating arraso? Do say hello to Rachel, Steph, Veronica and Janice for me,” my mother said.

“Arraso,” I nodded.

All five of our mothers were all very close friends and even the bonds between our families were good. Each of our mothers treated us five girls like their own daughters too.^^

 

I walked down to the train station and caught the train to reach the ice skating arena.

I walked up to the building and saw Janice just walking from round the corner.

“Wait up Sonya unnie!” Janice shouted rushing to catch up to me.

“Janice, ayneong ha seo!” I greeted Janice with a wave.

“Saengil chuka hamnida!” she said with glee.

“Gumawo,” I laughed.

We walked in and saw Steph, Rachel and Veronica already there waiting in line to get the ice skating boots.

Steph looked round at us and quickly gave a yell, “Sonya, Janice over here we’ve saved a spot for you in the line!”

“Steph unnie, Rachel unnie, Veronica ayneong and mianhae for being late,” I smiled apologetically.

“Mianhae unnies,” Janice also apologised.

“It’s fine,” Veronica said softly and continued, “Oh Sonya, Saengil chuka hamnida.”

Rachel and Steph just smiled and nodded calmly.

 

I grinned and we each got our boots on, we stepped on the arena and each skated differently.

I wasn’t the best at ice skating and not very graceful on them. I’d overcome from falling or slipping and I could glide and spin around but I couldn’t do it too fast.

Steph on the other hand was excellent at ice skating, she could skate pretty fast, hardly slipped and looked extremely graceful like a figure skater. She skated individually, did spins, jump while skating and raced with some other people in the arena. She had been ice skating since she was in primary school.

 

Janice and Veronica stuck together and held each other’s hands as it was only their second time ice skating.

 

Rachel stuck with me and we both only learned ice skating since middle school so we were less experienced than Steph. We talked about everything that came into our minds.

It was there that I found myself talking about the bullying that I received from school.

 

“So Sonya how is EastShoreHigh now? How are you coping with your new friends?” Rachel asked kindly after she talked about her new school with Steph.

Rachel and Steph had made friends too and the only problem was the amount of homework they had.

She passed all her taekwondo and was now in black belt.^^ Rachel was excellent at self defence and taekwondo and had been doing taekwondo since she was in primary school and she even taught some skills to me but for some reason I couldn’t use it against the bullying at East Shore High.

 

“I’m in a very good relationship with my new friends, we’re like best friends now and they protect me from the bullying…” I trailed off and bit my lip to stop the words coming out.

“Bwoh?! What bullying? What are you talking about? Who the heck is bullying you?” Rachel asked at once in fury.

It made Janice who was near by jump in fright; it was a rare sight to see Rachel getting angry, once she gets angry it was frightening.

She came to us, curious about what was happening and Veronica went to Steph, trying to learn some better skills at ice skating.

I could sense Rachel was getting angry and it was no use not telling her, Rachel treated me like her own sister and she hated anything that hurt any of her friends.

 

*Rachel’s POV*

Who dares to bully my dongsaeng? If I find them I shall give them some taekwondo to handle with! I gritted my teeth as I thought.

Janice skated over to us and joined in our conversation.

“Sonya! You better tell us what happened to you, who is bullying you and why?” I asked.

“Unnie…” Sonya broke off. I saw her swallowing as if there was a lump in . I knew she was struggling not to cry.

“Rachel unnie, give Sonya unnie a break I think she’s really upset about it don’t make the birthday girl sad,” Janice nudged me.

I sighed and looked at Sonya who was looking away trying not to meet our eyes.

I reached out and put my arms around her and hugged her, I knew she was in a difficult situation and making her upset would not make her any better.

“You tell unnie what happened and I’ll share the trouble arraso?” I said quietly so that only she and Janice could hear.

I looked up Steph and Veronica was looking at us and they soon made their way towards us.

 

“What’s happening?” Veronica asked.

“Kwenchana Sonya?” Steph placed a hand on Sonya’s shoulder.

“She’s been bullied at her new school and she’s trying to tell us who is bullying her and why,” Janice replied back.

“Bullying? Poor Sonya,” Steph said with sympathy.

“We’re all here to support you Sonya, tell us everything that happened to you we might be able to help you,” I said still hugging her.

“Rachel unnie maybe you should take her out to talk we’re like standing in the ice arena not moving and we’ll get bumped into,” Veronica pointed out.

“Arraso, come on Sonya hmm you guys want to come or…” I said.

“Can I just talk to you Rachel unnie alone? I promise I’ll tell you guys everything afterwards,” Sonya suddenly spoke up.

“Arraso, come on Steph unnie,” Janice said, understanding and dragged Veronica with her.

Janice could really act mature I mean even more mature than me in some circumstances.

I led Sonya outside the arena and talked with her as we sat on the bench.

“Now speak dongsaeng,” I ordered.

Sonya sighed and spoke, “I’ve been bullied ever since I started hanging around with the five guys who I’ve mentioned to you before because the girls in my class and some other are jealous that my new friends accepted me and I was accepted in their friendship group. They wanted to be with them too and they think I’ve flirted with them or seduced them which I CERTAINLY HAVE NOT. I’ve told them that they asked me first to go hang around with them and so I agreed to do so. Really if it weren’t for them it would be so hard for me to make new friends that quickly. The ones that came up with the bullying were three girls, Scarlet, Chaerim and So Min and they’re the most popular girls in my class.”

 

I listened with mixed emotions, sad that Sonya had to suffer from bullying and angry that those three es dared to come up with the idea of bullying Sonya!

 

“I’ve told my oppas about it I mean new friends and they protect me now so the bullying reduced but it’s not easy if I’m in the female bathrooms because I’m always bullied there! I’m still grateful of course because they really do protect me but all of my class ignore me and they make it seem that I don’t even exist in their class so it really didn’t matter if I made it to class or not. I’m not going to make my oppas get worried because of me so I’m going to stick with them all the same, if it weren’t for them I would’ve still been bullied a lot more worse so I’m going to endure the ignores that most of my class are giving me and just enjoy being with my oppas. So I don’t want to me things any more worse than now I’m more happy to hang around with my oppas but getting ignored instead of not hanging around with them and gaining popularity because I don’t want to ditch my new friends. I don’t think it would make a difference anyway,” Sonya said in a firm voice.

 

I had never seen Sonya speak so strongly in my life and I felt slightly awed by the fact that she was so strong in the inside. Gosh it must be so difficult for Sonya to endure the bullying and the ignoring now.

 

“Sonya, it must’ve been so hard for you to endure it I’m glad you told me, at least you could let someone share your troubles with,” I grinned.

“De, I always end up telling everything to you and you would always seem to make it as if you’re the one that’s me, mianhae for making you worried,” she said while lowering her head.

“Aiish, Sonya don’t apologise I like sharing your troubles and doubling your happiness it’s one thing that makes me feel like a good unnie to you guys. Well why don’t we head back to the arena and catch up with the others, they’re worried too and if you want I’ll tell them arraso?” I smiled gently.

“It’s fine I’ll tell them myself, I’m not so uncomfortable now after talking to you unnie, gumawo,” she said giving me a wry smile.

 

*Author’s POV*

Sonya soon told the other three friends about it and they were all very indignant about the bullying and happy that she was protected by her new friends or what she calls them her “oppas”.^^

 

They ice skated for another hour or two and just after about an hour and a half of skating happily three girls came in also going to have fun until they saw Sonya.

They smirked and rolled their eyes at her other friends, just as “common” as she was.

 

“Watch this!” Janice and Veronica skated and did a little spin duet which they just learnt from Steph.

“That was so awesome do it again!” Sonya cried.

They  did it again and suddenly someone bumped into Janice and another came crashing into Veronica.

They both fell and Rachel gasped went forward to them and Steph’s eyes widened in concern as both of their dongsaengs were hurt.

Sonya went forwards too and she suddenly shouted at the two girls that just made her dongsaengs fall.

“Yah, apologise now!” she burst out angrily as she recognised who the two girls were and another skated up sneeringly. It was Scarlet, Chaerim and So Min.

“Apologise? Shouldn’t it be those two? If they weren’t spinning around blindly then we wouldn’t have bumped into them,” Chaerim snapped.

“You could’ve stopped and besides you were heading at top speed towards my dongsaengs!” Sonya shouted angrily. She couldn’t care less if she was in public, bullying her was enough but she couldn’t bear to see that her friends got hurt too.

 

“Yah Sonya, just leave it,” whispered Steph touching her on the arm.

“Yeah listen to your friend Sonya!” So Min laughed.

“You know them Sonya?” asked Rachel suspiciously.

“De,” Sonya answered shortly, glaring at the three girls.

“We’re from Sonya’s school, Scarlet, So Min and Chaerim,” Scarlet gave a fake smile.

Sonya’s friends all at once grew cold towards the three girls and were prepared to fight back for Sonya.

“You pabo, Sonya thinking you can tell us to apologise to your little common friends, why we don’t give a about you let alone them!” Scarlet rolled her eyes. She gave a nod to So Min and Chaerim.

So Min and Chaerim pushed Sonya backwards and she nearly fell, luckily Steph caught her.

“Yah you es!” Veronica growled fiercely.

Rachel at once fired up and hit Chaerim on the chin with the palm of her hand while tripping So Min so she fell backwards onto Scarlet.

“Stay away from Sonya! You hear me?!” she yelled in a rage.

Chaerim was about to slap Rachel when Janice although younger and smaller than her held her hand to stop Rachel getting hit while hissing fiercely, “Yah, you don’t want to mess with a black belt taekwondo do you? You’ll end up with a bloody nose as well as a bruised chin before you know it but it would be so good to see your ‘so pretty’ make up face spoiled, I wouldn’t really mind and I’m sure Sonya unnie won’t either!”

 

Chaerim glared down at Janice angry that someone dared to threaten her, met her squarely in the eyes but Scarlet and So Min dragged her away scared that Rachel would ‘ruin’ their ‘pretty’ faces.

 

Sonya smiled and laughed heartily, “Gumawo unnies and dongsaengs! We beat them, oh look at their faces!”

The other four friends joined in the laughter and Sonya thought, this turned out to be one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had! I owe a lot to my unnies and dongsaengs^^saranghae my unnies and dongsaengsheart

Author's note^^

Hi to all my lovely readers^^

sorry for the long wait for this new update, i've got all those homework, assignments etc from school ugh. keke^^  anyway hope u guys will enjoy this chapter^^ and do subscribe!^^

Saranghae readers<3