Start of our friendship

Are we destined for each other?

 

 

 

 

*Jung Min POV*

Kyu Jong, Hyung Jun and I went to our new classroom while Hyun Joong hyung and Young Saeng hyung went to theirs.

 

As we entered the classroom, the girls were had the same reaction as we were walking in from the front door of the school.

All the desks were grouped in rows of four and a girl was already in one of those back seats. No one was sitting in her row and she didn’t seem to notice us whereas most of the girls were secretly glancing at us.

 

Our names were places next to each other and we were next to the girl at the back.

She was quietly reading some manga. It looked familiar to the ones that Hyun Joong hyung read.

She was very engrossed in it that she didn’t even notice that I sat next to her while talking to Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun.

I read her name on her desk, Sonya Sohn.

 

“Ayneong haseyo, welcome to EastShoreHigh since you are all new to this school as first years. I am Ms Kim, your form teacher. First we will have roll call to see if everyone is here,” said a young female teacher with kindly eyes when I was deciding to start a conversation with Sonya or not.

 

 

 

*Sonya’s POV*

I looked up from the manga I was reading; I was so engrossed into it. When Ms Kim started talking and I looked beside me and wondered who sat next to me and I was surprised to see one of the 5 ‘hot guys’ sitting there.

His eyes seemed to twinkle with happiness and his lips were curled up in a charismatic smile. His hairstyle made him look even better looking.

 

His two other friends were sitting on my row too.

Stay calm, I thought to myself.

“Sonya Sohn?” Ms Kim read out my name.

“Here,” I answered.

I read the name off the guy’s desk.

Park Jung Min

That’s such a cute name. ^^

I quickly read the other two names, in my row, Kim Kyu Jong and Kim Hyung Jun.

The three of them were talking and laughing quite a lot with each other and I couldn’t help but wish that they would talk to me too. Aiish I shouldn’t expect too much! It’s good enough that they’re sitting next to me, why would they talk to me anyway?  

The morning went so fast and soon it was lunch. I looked round for any girls but it seemed like the class had formed ‘cliques’ already with each other and they don’t seem to notice me at all.

I sighed and turned to the school cafeteria to buy my lunch.

“Ayneong, you’re Sonya right?” said a voice beside me.

I looked up and saw three guys standing there.

“De, I’m Sonya and you’re Jung Min?” I said a little shyly.

“Well, since you’re alone, you want to eat with me and my friends?” he smiled.

“Don’t worry we don’t bite,” smiled Kyu Jong with a gentle smile.

“Except for him, that Mal,” Hyung Jun stuck his tongue out at Park Jung Min.

“Yah!” Park Jung Min smacked him on the head.

“Don’t worry about them Sonya, they always bicker rather like Tom and Jerry,” Kyu Jong spoke to me in a gentle voice.

“Ok I’ll come and eat with you since no one invited me,” I finally smiled and they quickly took me to their table where I met their two other friends.

“Sonya, this is Kim Hyun Joong hyung and this is Heo Young Saeng hyung,” Jung Min introduced.

“Ayneong haseyo,” I smiled.

“Ayneong haseyo Sonya, it’s nice to meet you, are those two behaving well?” Hyun Joong greeted with a grin.

I recognised that he was the guy that had smiled at me before. I blushed at the memory.

I laughed and Young Saeng smiled, showing his dimples, “Ayneong haseyo Sonya.”

 

I smiled at him; he looked really young I thought he was the youngest out of them all but he was actually one of the oldest. He also had a quiet voice which was quite soothing.

 

We chatted and I found that they were all very kind, very open, had a really good relationship and they made dorky jokes.

Soon I was literally dying of laughter especially at Hyun Joong’s random comments and when Jung Min and Hyung Jun were bickering.

I covered my mouth and realised that I laughed too loud, but I couldn’t help it because once I laugh it was hard for me to stop.

“You have a funny laugh!” Hyung Jun grinned at me.

“I know right! It’s making me laugh!” laughed Hyun Joong.

I was red in the face and laughing at them.

 

I caught a few cold and furious glances from people around me. All of them were girls; I guess they all wanted to sit with the 5 guys. I can’t believe that they actually talked with me; it was like I’d known them for years. That was the start of our friendship.

 

*No one’s POV*

“Just who is that Sonya Sohn? What is she to them? What’s so good about her?” said a jealous girl. She was a pretty girl with long wavy dyed light brown hair.

“Oh don’t be so jealous Scarlet; that Sonya’s not that pretty I bet they’ll start noticing us soon. Look at her, she’s like so unattractive!” her friend giggled.

They laughed spitefully and shook their heads at Sonya’s direction.