Competition

Are we destined for each other?

Chapter 17

*Sonya’s POV*

I was walking through a field of green grass and all different coloured and types of flowers. It was bright and beautiful. I felt really peaceful.

Where am I? I thought curiously, am I dreaming or is this reality? Where were mother and father? Where were all my friends?

I continued to walk aimlessly and blindlythe place looked so big that it would take an infinity tom walk the place.. Am I dead? Is this heaven?

Then I heard a voice calling me franticallyand I followed it, ‘Kajima, sa-saranghaeyo!’

 

I opened my eyes to the bright light coming from the window and I stared up at the white ceiling.

I looked around and saw my parents looking very worried and when they saw that my eyes were opened, they immediately rushed up to me.

“Sonya! You’re finally awake, you scared your umma and your appa to death. You’ve been in coma for two weeks! Never be in this situation again, the doctor said that your heart really did stop beating but miraculously it started beating again, we couldn’ve lost you! We really prayed earnestly that God will keep you alive and He did, this is really a big miracle!” my mother said weeping tears of joy.

“Umma, jeongmal mianhae, I didn’t mean to scare you both like this,” I apologised as I looked at my mother who had heavy bags under her eyes.

“It’s because you were bullied by three girls right? Sonya, you could have told us and we could have stopped it, you really have been in misery and luckily two boys told us,” my father told me.

“Two boys? Told you?” I asked in surprise.

“De, two boys one of them, the one that lives on the same street as us, Jung Min?” my mother said.

“Jung Min told you? He was the one that told you? And who?” I was a bit angry that Jung Min told my parents before telling me that he would but I decided to forgive him, since he only wanted to help me.

“The other boy was called Hyun something…” my father said thinking deeply.

“You mean Hyun Joong?” I sighed.

“De that’s right! He was the most concerned about you when your heart stopped beating, he literally rushed into your room but we didn’t know what he was doing because there were too much chaos going on that time,” my father said nodding.

“Jung Min was concerned too yeobo,” my mother said to my father, “He always came to our house and ask us how was Sonya, Hyun Joong never asked, we never saw him after that night you were in an accident.”

 “Actually it was Hyun Joong that told us about the bullying first so we really have to thank him for that and the three girls that have bullied you have been reported to the principle and they are now dealt severely,” my father said.

My mother nodded in agreement. The feeling of peace entered my heart and I no longer feared about any bullying or on a constant lookout. Soon my parents left the room to go back home.

I nodded and I heard the door knock and the doctor came in.

“Oh Sonya, you’re awake this is good, nothing is too bad, the only problem is that you have broken your leg and it would take two months to heal,” the doctor said. “You have to keep your leg in the cast for two months.”

 When the doctor checked that I was alright he smiled and walked out, I pouted. It’s a pity I have to wear a cast for two months, and it’s nearly summer.

A few hours later I heard the door knock and someone came in, it was Jung Min. I looked at the time, it was four in the afternoon.

“Sonya, you’re awake! I’m so glad, I was so worried about you, all of us were!” he said.

I was shocked and very touched that Jung Min came to visit me and I gaped when he produced a thermal.

“Omona Minnie oppa, what’s in it?” I asked curiously.

“This is my special soup for you, I made it with my umma’s recipe” Jung Min smiled.

I smiled and nodded.

“Here I’ll give you some,” Jung Min said as he poured some of the liquid in a bowl he had brought along.

I took the bowl and a spoon and drank it.

I sipped it and the soup tasted so sweet and I finished it rapidly.

“It’s delicious oppa, is this your first time making this? And what soup is this?” I asked smiling up at him.

Jung Min had a dreamy look on his face as he said, “I’m glad you liked it, de it’s my first time making it, it’s Chinese dates soup.”

I nodded and asked him, “I’ve never tasted anything like this before, you cook Chinese food?”

“Sometimes, I really like Chinese things, I’m learning Chinese now too by a Chinese tutor, I plan to work in Taiwan someday and I heard the Chinese dates soup is very good for people who have lost a lot of blood, and since you were in a car accident, you lost a lot of blood.” Jung Min said sweetly.

“Aww oppa, you’re so sweet,” I smiled and I felt very grateful that I had such a great friend like Jung Min. He was so caring.

“Komawo oppa,” I thanked Jung Min and he shook it off.

We chatted happily and I told him about my leg and he comforted me and said that two months goes by really quickly and there’s no need to be upset about my leg as it will heal.

I sighed happily and when he left to go home my heart was warm and fuzzy, Jung Min and my friendship was really amazing as I had never met a friend like him and I hoped that we would stay as friends like this as long as we live.

 

*Jung Min’s POV*

I was so happy that Sonya liked the soup I made and she seemed very touched that I came to visit, I guessed I was her first visitor other than her parents.

As I walked home I texted Hyun Joong, Young Saeng, Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun.

 

Hyungs and dongsaeng,

Sonya’s awake and is in good condition except for her broken leg, but it will heal so don’t worry guys!

 

I walked past Sonya’s house and saw her parents just walking in and they saw me and waved.

I bowed to them respectfully and went on my way to my own house. Maybe I would win her heart and Sonya would see me more than a friend.

I sighed as I thought about the person I had to compete against, he was my best friend and we had once vowed that we would never like the same girl. I guess we broke that vow. I did not know which option to choose, the girl that I like? Or the best brotherhood I have ever had? This it the first time I was so competitive against Hyun Joong but I must win this competition for Sonya’s heart.

 

*Hyun Joong’s POV*

 

I read Jung Min’s message as I walked along the busy streets of Seoul and heaved a sigh of relief and I felt a pang of jealousy creep up in me. The first person Sonya saw other than her parents was Jung Min after she woke up. I knew that Jung Min liked Sonya too, I could see the dreamy look sometimes whenever he secretly looked at her and when he talked to her. Jung Min did not even turn up to school today, probably went off to see Sonya by himself. If Sonya could not notice Jung Min's feelings then she will not notice my feeling towards since I could not express myself well in terms of love. Jinja, Sonya could be very slow sometimes.  I thought as I stopped by a nursery.

 

It was a pity that I didn’t really know how to cook a lot of healthy foods like Jung Min who probably could win Sonya’s heart with his delicious cooking abilities and sweet talking which I lack.

I could only cook ramyun and spicy rice cakes.

I walked in the nursery to buy some flowers, maybe Sonya might like flowers.

I bought a bouquet of flowers and made my way to the hospital that Sonya was in, it wasn’t far from school.

I walked up to her room and stood on the other side of the door, my heart thumping wildly, it was just the two of us.

I rapped on the door and I heard her sweet, gentle voice saying ‘come in’

As I walked in I saw Sonya gasp and smile at me.

She really did have a nice smile and her eyes seemed to be smiling too.

“Joongie oppa, you’re here,” she said. Her face was a bit red, does she have a fever?

*Sonya’s POV*

I was in total shock that Hyun Joong would come visit me at this time of day, it was six where most students would be at home having their dinner or waiting for their dinner. It was also a Friday night, most students would be too tired to go out because school was very hectic now, exams were coming up.

I smiled at him and I blushed as he was just staring at me.

“Sonya, I’m so glad you’re awake, we were all very worried, kwenchana?” he asked.

“De, kwenchana oppa,” I continued smiling, and turning even more red as he was concerned about me.

“Your face is so red, do you have a fever?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Huh? Ah, aniyo I don’t have a fever” I giggled. He could not tell him that it was due to him that made me blush.

I realised that it was only two of us in a room, and I felt my heart pounding wildly and I tried to calm down.

“These flowers are for you, I don’t really know if you like flowers or not but since most girls do, I decided that flowers would be the best option, mianhae I can’t really cook anything healthy for you,” Hyun Joong spoke sincerely.

A swell of joyful emotions crept up in my heart and once again my face went hot like fire.

“I like flowers so don’t worry and you don’t have to apologise for not cooking anything, you know visiting me is already enough and I know you care,” I gave Hyun Joong and grin.

Hyun Joong looked quite pleased to hear when I said and added, “I can’t come and visit empty handed.”

I was very touched by her sincerity and I wished that he could return my feelings but it was impossible since he was handsome and popular while I was plain and unpopular. He would never like you Sonya! Stop dreaming being friends is enough, I thought to myself angrily.

 

*Hyun Joong’s POV*

I was glad that Sonya liked the flowers I gave her and I was determined never to let her go and I would not give up my hope of winning her heart. It was definitely a competition between Jung Min and me.

I sighed, Jung Min was the last person I would want compete with for a girl as he was my best friend and I would definitely give up the girl even if I loved her dearly to maintain our friendship but with Sonya, I could not because she was precious to me, too precious to let go. She was like that one speck of gold that a hopeful miner had mined for. I could wait for as long as I could for Sonya to love me back even if it means that it would be competition for Jung Min and me.

Ayneong ha seo/hello/ni hao/konichiwa readers!^^

here is my latest update, so sorry i couldn't update sooner cos i went to shanghai and there was no computer but now that i'm in HK i have internet access^^ i will be updating more often now^^

Sorry/mianhae/dui bu qi/gomenesai for the long wait for this update><

see you/ayneong/zai jian readers^^

Yeobo=honey