Pieces of a puzzle

Like day and night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein, Moonbyul, and half of their team were having a meeting inside the security room. 

A policeman who happened to be a close friend of Moonbyul's uncle contacted them and was giving information about the car that was used to attack Yongsun and the investigation regarding the poisoned chocolates and the bomb in the other car.

__ All of this is off the record. So you better use the info wisely. After talking to the right people, I found someone willing to give an extra push to the investigation of the ingredients inside the candies. It seems a very unique component was used to cause the poisoning. __ The old man explained.

__ And how does this help to find the right person?__ Wheein inquired with honest worry.

__ Normally, it doesn't. However, my people found out this item is very rare and cultivated by only 3 people in the country. And one of them is a woman who happens to be a chef in Seul.

__ Why would a chef be interested in killing a model?__ One of the guys asked.

__ That we dont know.__ The cop confessed.

Moonbyul walked around the room for a while, biting her finger while letting the details sink in.

__ Does this woman have any connection to Yongsun ssi?__ The blonde asked the policeman.

__ Not that we know of. But then again, there is no further investigation.

The soldier sighed and said:

__ We'll find out soon. How about the car plate? Is it cold?

__ We weren't able to trace the car. That plate was from another vehicle, that had been stolen months before. 

Moonbyul shook her head in understanding and suddenly, her eyes lit up:

__ I may not have experience as a cop or training to investigate but something just crossed my mind. Is it plausible that we think we are dealing with 2 different cases?

The old man stared at the skinny girl with surprise and admiration:

__ As a matter of fact I just pointed that out at the station. Nobody paid much attention though.  

__ Hmmm, knowing someone like you got to this conclusion makes me feel self-confident. My team will find out the connections between the poison lady and our client. If there is proof, the spotlight is all yours.__ Moonbyul declared.

__ I'll keep sweeping things to see if I find anything else. 

__ Another thing. And this is for each one of you. We are not mentioning this talk to anybody else. Not even to Ms. Yongsun. She doesn't need to live in panic.__ The soldier commanded.

All of them nodded along and left the room to go back to their routine, except Wheein.

__ Don't you think you are developing some kind of feelings for the client? __ The short girl asked a little worried.

__ What do you mean? __ Moonbyul asked with a surprised face.

__ Well, unnie...You are the most practical person I know. In a situation like that, you would tell the truth to the client and make sure the man or woman would stay alert.__ The girl affirmed.

The soldier nodded in agreement and explained:

__ Yeah, Wheein-ah.  You are not wrong. But...Did you forget how she is? Yongsun is fearless and reckless too. I can't afford her going all crazy now.

The dimple girl understood what her best friend meant. But she still kept thinking if there wasn't something else.

__ Wheeinie

__ Yeah?

__ I need that you ask our client about her love life.__ Moonbyul blushed.

Wheein raised her eyebrow and smirked:

__ Why?

__ I have a feeling that the Chef has some connection to Yongsun. If the police have no clue, it must be related to something shady. It could be just meaningless for our client and the other woman didnt take it well; Or some guy between them...__ The blonde said shyly.

__ But why dont you ask her, unnie? 

__ Because.....She is weird! She will think I want to know for personal interest.__ The older girl averted her eyes.

__ Aren't you though?__ Wheein teased.

__ Aigo! off, Jung Wheein!

The shorter girl laughed and her friend ended up laughing too.

___ x ___

Yongsun walked into the kitchen and saw Moonbyul playing chess with one of the guards on the counter.

Even though they were focused on the match, the guy seemed pretty comfortable around his superior and smiled largely when the blonde tricked him with a move. A smile of admiration.

The model didnt enjoy that scene. Watching the soldier so relaxed with that man while she was regularly so stiff with her annoyed Yongsun to the core.

__ Is this what I pay you for? __ The older woman sounded snobbish.

The younger girl didnt take her eyes off the board. Only after analyzing her next move for a couple of minutes, her answer came:

__ If you need anything, ask Wheein. Sandeul and I still have 30 minutes of our break.

The man looked scared from the model to the soldier. He stood up completely straight, trying to show he didnt have to use his break and that he would do whatever Kim Yongsun wanted.

Yongsun puffed in frustration and the blonde could swear the dark-haired girl stepped on the floor like a spoiled brat.

__ Cant you use your extra time on another occasion? I need you now!

The soldier glanced at the insanely attractive woman, sighed, and responded:

__ I could...If you asked nicely.

For the first time, Moonbyul witnessed Yongsun getting embarrassed.

__ Could you please follow me, Byul-ah?

The blonde widened her eyes and gasped. It was a strange change of dynamic being called by her boss that way, so informally and as if they were the same age.

The soldier exchanged a look with Sandeul, feeling embarrassed the guy saw that lit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter