Chapter 6

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV

 

 

Chaeyeon is sulking. What a cute sight. But I won't tell her that. 

 

 

"Why did you let her fetch you here tomorrow? It's my job though" Yeon complained again for the 100th time of the day since we went home. We're now at our house and Unnie's not yet home. 

 

 

 

"She's my bestfriend. It's okay. Now stop sulking". 

 

 

"She likes you" 

 

 

"Of course she likes me. I'm her bff. Why would she not like me?" I told her as a matter of factly. 

 

 

 

"No. Not just as a bestfriend. I just knew it. She looks at you with hearts in her eyes. I don't like it". She lay down on my lap. Wha is she saying? Chewon likes me? That's impossible. 

 

 

 

"You know what, you're just overthinking. She doesn't like me." She played with my fingers. It feels so warm. 

 

 

 

"You're so likeable. How can I get you to be my girlfriend when everyone likes you". 

 

 

 

"I like you too okay? But for now, let's just stay as friends. We'll get to know each other more. Let's catch up for the long lost time. Who knows you're not sure about your feelings for me". I confessed. It's true. Maybe she's just overwhelmed. 

 

 

 

"Why do you always have to condratict me? Aish" 

 

 

 

"Why? I don't even know if you have someone in Japan". I've been thinking about it. I mean, she's so ideal. It's impossible for her not to have someone in Japan right? 

 

 

 

"I've been into a relationship. It lasted for two years. But you know, my happiness isn't genuine. Maybe you can see me as a playful person but tell you the truth. I regretted leaving you. And why did I let someone claim you. And the night I met you, it was the best night of my life. Thanks to Seulgi unnie she brought you there. She's been showing me your picture and keep on sharing stories of you to me. It's not just a puppy crush Minju. I knew when I saw you, you're gonna hold my heart". She's really serious. My heart melts. She's so sweet. Behind her cocky and playful attitude is this. 

 

 

 

 

"I never stopped checking on you. Even when dad won't let me use a phone or laptop. I stayed on our house for two years. He would always on me and my things. I don't get it why he won't let me use a phone. It doesn't make any sense. And here comes my third year in Japan, I went to a dorm school. Finally I am free. I met friends. And one of them is Sakura also my dorm mate. I asked her to contact Seulgi Unnie. Those nights Unnie will stay the night, I'll ask her to sneak inside your room. Then, I can see you. That makes me so happy. It makes me giddy. I wanna see you and talk to you more often."

 

 

 

 

"So when I saw an opportunity to earn money, I grabbed it. I joined a dance contest secretly and won first prize. Right when I got the money, I went to buy a phone. I'm so happy that time. I got your number from Seulgi unnie. I called you many times. One day, I received this message and news that broke my world down. I am so sad I cried all night. I ended up not attending my classes for the whole week. I am so broken Minju. The moment I knew about your relationship with Yujin, I became such a mess. It's like losing a fight before it even starts". 

 

 

 

 

 

"I tried to move on, it turns out Sakura likes me so I accepted her and made her my girlfriend. But trust me, it's still you all along. That's when I decided to end things with her and come back here for you. It took me long enough but atleast I did, right? I wanna make things right this time. Call me shallow. But what I feel for you from day one up to now, five years later, it's real. So please, don't doubt it." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter