Chapter 22

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon’s POV

 

I was still thinking about the incident earlier. 

 

Did she really think I cheated on her? 

 

After all the words I said to her, after all the things I did just to prove that I love her. It all went to waste.

 

I’m starting to think that running away from home isn’t the best idea. But who am I kidding? This is what I want. To be with the person I love. To be with the people I trully want in my life. 

 

“Unnieeeeeeeeeeee!” 

 

I heard a loud shout coming from the door. 

 

All heads turned to her. 

 

“Ops! Didn’t mean to interrupt but I was so worried about you.” Chaeryeong, my sister, speaks. 

 

“And Hi~ Minju unnie” She adds. Now running to where Minju is. 

 

Enveloping her to a tight hug. Like they were so close. 

 

Minju looked so stunned. Like she’s confused. 

 

“I’m sorry I got so excited he he~ I wanna meet you yesterday when I landed at the airport but I’m so tired and so jet lagged. And also, sorry for stealing away my sis yesterday but I needed a hand in unpacking my baggages.” 

 

She rambled. She likes to ramble a lot. 

 

“Huh?” Minju have this more confused expression on her face. 

 

“Oh!” 

 

“Hey, you’re being weird. What’s with your face? That’s not how you greet your sister in law” Irene unnie butted in. 

 

“Did you just said that you stayed at Chae’s? Yesterday?” Minju finally composed herself and asked. 

 

“Nae! I’m using her extra room. So Unnie, what did this pabo do to get your heart?” 

 

This went on for about thirty minutes. Chaeryeong is really a talkative person. Specially to people she likes. 

 

“I’m sorry to cut your moment but me and Minju have to go.” I intruded. I wanna talk to Minju alone. 

 

“Oh? Is that so? I’ll come with you then!” She said. 

 

I made eye contact to her sending her a message. 

 

“He he~ I forgot I still have to go to somewhere. Be careful on your way home! Bye Irene Unnie!” 

 

With that, she went out of the office hurriedly. 

 

“I’m sorry about her. She tends to talk a lot. She likes you so much. And got very excited”. I scratched my nape nervously. 

 

“It’s okay, you haven’t told me she arrived”. Minju spoke without looking to my eyes. 

 

“Well, I could but I didn’t. Since I’ve been busy with my sister’s unexpected arrival and all the unpackings.” I explained. 

 

“That. Also, I wanna talk about. But can we like head home now? Let’s talk at your place”. 

 

“Okay”. 

 

We arrived at my condo unit not long after we bid goodbye to Irene unnie. 

 

“Do you like something to drink? I have your favorites on the fridge”. I offered. 

 

“Don’t bother. I’ll just get something after we talk.” She said seriously.

 

“Alright. What is it you wanna talk about? I know you probably still don’t want to talk to me now and this might be so important” I took a seat beside her and looked at her. Respecting her personal space. 

 

“I came here yesterday”. She started. 

 

“When? Wait a minute”. I stood up and get my laptop to review the recordings on my cctv. 

 

I started reviewing the footage by the moment Chaeryeong entered. 

 

I fast forward it. 

 

And there I saw, Minju entering and leaving while crying. 

 

I faced her when I finally put the puzzle pieces together. 

 

“You didn’t think I cheated on you with Chaeryeong, did you?” 

 

Minju lowered her head. 

 

“That’s why you’re acting like I did something wrong to you”. I said in a low voice. 

 

“I’m sorry”. She started crying. 

 

“I’m sorry because I’m having trust issues. Without hearing your explanations. I just ruined a healthy relationship. I feel so ashamed of myself”. 

 

“I was with Chaewon and you’re not replying to me. So I decided to surprise you here and see what you’re doing. But I didn’t expect to see you with someone in your bed. I got paranoid and went out as fast as I could. If I just stayed a little longer maybe things wouldn’t be this messy.” 

 

“I’m sorry for not texting you sooner. Can we just forget about it? I’m hurt because you don’t trust me like I thought so. Now that things are already clear, I wanna have you back. I don’t even want to lose you in the first place.” I hugged her. God knows how much I miss her. 

 

“I don’t know if I deserve you. I’m starting to doubt myself”. Minju said. 

 

“Ani ani. Don’t say that. I love you with all my heart and no one deserves me beside you.” 

 

We ended up cuddling on my bed. I’m so gld w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter