Chapter 20

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon’s POV

 

“Is that how you greet your sister?” Chaeryeong raised her eyebrows at me wearing a huge grin on her face. 

 

“I thought you’re an intruder oh my god! You made me so nervous! I almost had an heart attack!” I glared at her.

 

“I’m sorry it’s a surprise! I surprised you, didn’t I?” She chuckled at my expression.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going here today? I should’ve fetch you at the airport.” I scolded her. 

 

“No need. I said it’s a surprise. And Seulgi unnie fetched me with Irene unnie. That’s why they left earlier.” 

 

I totally get it. 

 

“But still. Don’t scare me like that again? Do you want to kill your unnie?” 

 

“I’m sorry! And oh I forgot, I’m gonna stay here starting today!” She jumped like a happy kid. 

 

“Okay okay! Let’s get your room ready then”. I carried her two big luggages inside the room opposite to mine. 

 

We’re halfway done with placing her things on proper order when my phone rang. 

 

Minmin Calling...

 

My sister sent me a knowing look. 

 

Oh shoot I forgot to call her. 

 

I answered the call as fast as I could. 

 

“Hey”. 

 

“Don’t hey me Chaeyeon. You made me worried sick. Why didn’t you call me? I thought you’re trapped inside the elevator for two hours already!” 

 

My sister nudged me on my shoulder. Probably heard everything Minju said. 

 

“I’m sorry. It slipped my mind totally forgetting to hold my phone.” 

 

I reasoned out. 

 

“So you’re telling me that you forgot about me? I’ve been waiting for you since you left. Oh god don’t ever do that again!” 

 

I can imagine her fuming with anger. How cute of her. She’s so concern. 

 

“Something I mean someone really came up. I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow, okay? I love you”. 

 

“Be sure you’re not lying to me.” 

 

“Ha ha ha ha I am not. Where’s my I love you more?” 

 

“I love you more. Text me later I’m going out with Chaewon.” 

 

My face instantly changed. It’s no secret that I get easily jealous but I’ll try to control my emotion now. 

 

She’s her bestfriend, Chaeyeon. 

 

“Okay. Just text me if you want me to fetch you, alright?” 

 

“Yes I will. Continue what you’re doing. I’ll just prepare”.

 

Call ended..

 

“HA HA HA unnie you’re so bipolar!” She threw the pillow she’s holding straight to my face. 

 

“Shut up. Do you want me to kick you out of my apartment?” I threatened her. 

 

“You won’t dare. You love me too much!” 

 

“Right.” I rolled my eyes. 

 

“I didn’t know you were the jealous type unnie. You go from ear to ear smile to a frown”. 

 

She continued laughing til her eyes became watery. 

 

“Fix your things on your own”. I walked out her room and went to my room. 

 

“I need to have a better control of my temper now”. 

 

I closed my eyes for a few seconds. 

 

Minju’s POV 

 

“Thank you for agreeing to this”. 

 

“Why do you act so formal? Loosen up Minnie. It’s just me, your bestfriend”. She knocked some senses to me. 

 

Why am I so awkward? 

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just that it’s been so long since we went out. You know just the two of us”. I explained. 

 

“Oh. Since~ you know what, let’s just drop it. We’re here to enjoy”. 

 

“Right. Let’s see what movie’s available on the cinema”. 

 

We ended up watching a horror movie. And I’ve never screamed in my whole life like I did earlier. 

 

“I won’t do it again. Ever again! You’re so mean for laughing at me”. I pouted while fixing my now disheveled hair. 

 

“You’re such a scaredy-cat. Oh my god. I can’t stop laughing!” 

 

“Okay. I’m going home”. I turned away and started to walk towards the exit. 

 

“Hey, wait up! I’m just kidding! I’m sorry Minnie. You’re so cute. And I took you here using my car, didn’t I?” She hold my hand to stop my from walking away. 

 

“..” I didn’t answer her. 

 

“I’m seriously sorry. Let’s just grab your favorite milktea before I drive you home”. 

 

Still no answer from me. 

 

She hugged me and kissed my forehead. 

 

I hugged her back of course. I always do.

 

“You’re not angry at me anymore?” 

 

“Not anymore. Now buy me my milktea.” I grinned. 

 

“Let’s go”. 

 

Chaewon’s always like this to me. That’s why it’s so hard for me to turn her down and her feelings for me. I feel so guilty for loving Chaeyeon instead of her. 

 

Speaking of Chaeyeon, she haven’t texted me since I called her. 

 

Something’s really wrong. She never missed a time to call me. Not even once. 

 

“Here’s your milktea ma’am”. 

 

“Thank you for the treat!” 

 

“This is nothing if it makes your chubby cheeks happy”. She teased me again. 

 

“Anyway Chawon, mind if you drive me somewhere?” 

 

“Sure. You know I can’t say no to you. But where?” 

 

“To this address”. I showed her my phone. 

 

“Sure. It’s just thirty minutes away from here”. 

 

And just like that, we’re now on our way to someone’s place. 

 

Chaeyeon’s POV

 

“Unnie! Yah!” Someone threw a slipper on my face. 

 

“The hell!” I got up from my bed to chase my evil sister. 

 

“It’s so hard to wake you up! I’m hungry!” 

 

“Then buy food. Or cook food. You don’t have to wake me up that way.” 

 

“I’m sorry unnie. But you’re sleeing for four hrs already.” 

 

Four hours??? 

 

“Oh my god. I’ve been sleeping for four hours already?” 

 

“Yes Unnie. See? It’s 8 in the evening!” 

 

“I haven’t called Minju. She must be so angry now”. 

 

I unlocked my phone and saw bunch of messages from Minju. 

 

The moment you forgot to call me earlier I knew something’s definitely wrong with you. 

 

Huh? What is she saying?

 

I called her but her phone’s off. 

 

What did I do? Oh god. 

 

Chaewon’s POV 

 

“Minnie. Don’t overthink. Breathe in breath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter