Chapter 13

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin’s POV 

 

I saw them all sweet earlier in the Dance club. I thought she would never find someone else. I became so confident that maybe one day when everything’s settled, I can get back to her. Guess I’m wrong. 

 

 

 

It hurts seeing them being so affectionate with that new kid. Sure she can dance better than me but that’s all she can offer. Or maybe I’m just bitter. I wanna rip off her hands. She’s touching Minju in every way I touched her before. It’s so ing painful. And I can’t even do anything. It’s even more painful hearing her say that she loves that Chaeyeon. 

 

 

I really don’t know what to do. My life is so ed up. I literally have nothing now. 

 

 

I’m staring at my ceiling. I’m laying on my bed. This bed used to be ‘our bed’. I miss Minju so much. I can still remember the day I saw her. It’ll never be forgotten. 

 

 

(Flashback)

 

 

Third Person’s POV

 

 

“Hey Wonyoungie, wait up!” The 12 year old Yujin was running out of breath. 

 

“Tch! You’re so slow Yujinnie! The driver is already here!” Wonyoung, her bestfriend scolded her. 

 

“Can you slow down a bit? I’m carrying your books!” Yujin is wearing eyeglasses because of her poor eyesight. 

 

“Alright but not too slow!” The other kid said. 

 

 

Yujin’s father works for Wonyoung’s family business. They grew fond of her that’s why they requested Yujin to stay at the Jang’s house. 

 

Yujin is a shy girl who loves reading books all the time. That explains her excellent grades since she started attending school. While Wonyoung is the total opposite. She’s a spoiled brat kid who always pick on other people. But then, the two clicked. You can say opposite attracts. 

 

Yujin was having a hard time carrying books. Unfortunately, she dropped them causing her to whine. 

 

“Oh god. These are so heavy”. She fixed her eyeglasses and was about to get the books from the ground when a girl, about her age, proceeded to help her. 

 

 

“I thought you needed some help. I’m sorry but where are you heading?” 

 

 

Yujin felt a weird sensation. Is she having a crush on a girl? Or she just appreciate her beauty and kindness.

 

 

“Kim Minju” she memorized it on her head. She saw her name on her ID. 

 

 

“Hey, are you still there?” The other girl smiled at her. 

 

 

“Right. The car over there” she points. 

 

 

The two walked their way to the said car. 

 

 

“Uhm. Thank you for helping me carry these books. Sorry for the bother”. The shy girl said her thanks to the beautiful student who helped her. 

 

 

“It’s no big deal. My sister’s car is just around here.” 

 

 

“YUJIN! WE’RE GOING! GET INSIDE!” The girl inside the car said it loudly. 

 

 

“Your sister is calling you. I’m going now too.” 

 

 

“She’s my bestfriend. Thank you for helping me”. She gave one last shy smile before going inside the car. 

 

 

I forgot to tell her my name. Yujin mentally face palmed. 

 

 

From that day, Yujin never missed a moment to think of Minju. 

 

 

She stalks her secretly. Minju is from another school. It was just a coincidence that they met. Yujin’s school was hosting an interschool competition. That’s why Minju was there on that day. She learnt that Minju is Red Velvet’s Bae Irene’s sister. And the heir of Bae-Kim Corp.

 

 

“No wonder she’s so pretty”. She said to herself. 

 

 

She follows the daily activities and happenings of Minju’s life. From her quiz bee contests to her beauty pageants. She’s an avid fan. 

 

 

“I can’t even bring myself to befriend her! Ugh. This is so frustrating”. She groaned. 

 

 

 

“She’s so pretty. She’s so smart. She’s so rich. She’s so kind. I’m running out of adjectives to describe her”. 

 

 

“I look like a potato. I’m a loser nerd. I didn’t even told her my name. Maybe she forgot about me. I’m nothing special”. She continued to talk to herself.

 

 

Everyday of Yujin’s life in four years, she’s an admirer of Minju. 

 

 

She would secretly visit her in her school. She saw everything. Minju graduated as the Class Valedictorian. Yujin was there in the audience. She may look like a creep but that’s how she admire the other girl. 

 

 

She made Minju her inspiration. Yujin also graduated as Salutatorian in ther highschool with Wonyoung being the Valedictorian because of her dad’s connection to the school. 

 

 

“Atleast I’m also an honor student. Not bad. I’m not far from being as smart as her” she patted herself as a congratulatory gesture. 

 

 

“So, where do you wanna go to college?” She was asked by Mr. Jang. They’re having a family dinner with the Jang’s. 

 

 

Now that she knew what school Minju will attend to, she can’t lose the chance to be near her. 

 

 

“I’m thinking of enrolling to Seoul University uncle”. The now 16 year old Yujin answered. 

 

 

 

“Good choice Yujin. You’ve always been so wise in making decisions.” The middle aged man praised the teenager. 

 

 

You can say she’s like a daughter to Mr. Jang. He would always bring her to his business trips. He often teaches her technical business terms. He’s preparing her for her future. 

 

 

“Thank you Uncle. Im going to take Business Management”. She continued. 

 

 

“Wonyoung, I’ll enroll you together with Yujin.” Mr. Jang turned his head to her daughter. 

 

 

“Whatever you want, Daddy”. Wonyoung said without looking at him. 

 

 

The dinner went on. Yujin came home to their own house to have a vacation before her college starts. 

 

 

“Yujin honey, you’ve been so hardworking. I have something for you.” Mr. Ahn happily gave his present to Yujin. Honestly, the Ahn’s are rich too but not as rich as the Jang’s. 

 

 

She opened the envelope containing a property title under her name. 

 

 

“Seriously Appa. I think this is too much but thank you so much! I love you Appa!” The two Ahn’s hugged each other lovingly. Her mother’s intently watching them wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter