Chapter 18

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju’s POV

 

 

 

It’s past 10 pm but they are still lively dancing to the loud music. 

 

 

 

 

“Minju, I’m gonna head upstairs. I kind of feel dizzy. Oh Seulgi! What did you do?!” Irene Unnie is a bit tipsy but Seulgi unnie is totally drunk. 

 

 

 

 

“I hurt the flohwers”. She mumbled while trying to put back the broken flowers. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aish. This pabo. I shouldn’t have let you drink! You even stepped on my red roses.” 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Hyunnie”. Seulgi unnie said while sobbing. 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, I’ll take care of everything. You can go. Seulgi unnie must’ve drank a lot”. 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, but you should all sleep by 3 am. Got it?” 

 

 

 

 

“Got it Unnie”. I watched her having a hard time carrying Seulgi unnie. 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! I’ll help you carry that big bear”. Wendy unnie offered. 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks Wannie!” 

 

 

 

 

 

They’ve been friends since trainee days and that was more than a decade. I diverted my eyes to my happy friends bobbing to the music.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t drink because I don’t wanna be a burden again to Chaeyeon. Instead, I let her drink and have the best day of her life. 

 

 

 

 

“Minnie”. Chaewon appeared from the back. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Won-ah. Where’s Yiren?”. I greeted her back. I don’t mind having Yiren here because I’ve learned what she did earlier for me. 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s with Hyewon and Yena. She’s enjoying their company.” She smiled having her eyes on them. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m glad then. I know she’s different from Wonyoung.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“She is. By the way, is Yujin bothering you?” She asked worriedly. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaeyeon and Yujin fought earlier. She kind of harassed me while I’m in the comfort room but it’s no big deal. I can still tolerate her”. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I told her to stop. She’s so hardheaded. Why won’t she just give up just like me?” She turned her head to me. 

 

 

 

 

“It’s my fault. We have a deal.” I sighed. 

 

 

 

 

“I get it. That’s why she’s so fearless. Just be careful okay? I don’t wanna see you getting hurt again”. She embraced me which I returned back. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I will. And thank you for understanding me Won-ah.” I closed my eyes cherishing the moment. 

 

 

 

 

“That’s how much I love you. I just hope they won’t hurt you again or they will have to face my wrath.” She said with a serious face. 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s hope for that. But I’m sure Chaeyeon won’t hurt me.” I assured her. 

 

 

 

 

“But still I’m not joking. I’m gonna hire goons to salvage them”. She joked. 

 

 

 

 

 

We continued chatting till 12 midnight. We didn’t notice a pair of eyes sending holes on the back of Chaewon’s head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me Minju but your girlfriend’s looking for you”. Yena excused. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah right! I forgot she’s drinking.” I facepalmed. 

 

 

 

 

 

I went right away to Chaeyeon’s spot. She’s still dancing with a bottle in hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaeyonnie!”

 

 

 

 

“Woooo! So y!”

 

 

 

 

 

Hitomi, Nako, Eunbi, Yuri and Yiren are all cheering for my dancing bear who’s now dancing to Gashina. 

 

 

 

 

 

I watched her a good two minutes. 

 

 

 

 

Damn those long legs. 

 

 

 

 

I bit my lip. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I shouldn’t think of her this way. She’s drunk and she needs to stop dancing now. 

 

 

 

 

 

With all the strength left in me, I walked towards her. 

 

 

 

 

“Hey gorgeous”. She flirtatiously put her hand on my waist. Earning a loud cheer from the audiences. They’re equally drunk. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaeyeon-ah, you need to stop drinking”. I tried removing her hands. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m still having fun. Are you done talking to her? You’ve gone too long for my liking”. She whispered in a husky voice. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry about that. We enjoyed talking I didn’t notice the time”. I apologized. 

 

 

 

 

 

“You enjoyed talking to her that you forgot about my existence”. She frowned. 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, it’s not like that. I swear, I’m just letting you enjoy the night. Don’t worry, I’ll be with you now just please stop drinking, okay?” I caressed her cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

“Okay!” She smiled brightly. The smile I love the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s get this whiskey away, shall we?” She happily give me her bottle. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Minjuuuu can I have that?” Yena pleaded with puppy eyes and duck lips. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sure you can have it. Don’t drink too much.” 

 

 

 

 

Yena is now holding the whiskey and went back to our friends. 

 

 

 

 

 

I held Chaeyeon’s hand and guided her to a bench.

 

 

 

 

 

“Babe I’m sorry”. Chaeyeon blurted all of a sudden. 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, no need to be sorry. I’m sure you drank a lot. How many did you drink?” 

 

 

 

 

“I lost count. I was looking for you and found you happily talking to Chaewon. I know I shouldn’t be jealous because she’s your bestfriend but I cannot help it even if I try not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter