Chapter 17

End game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person’s POV 

 

 

 

 

“The day has come. Today, we will witness the dashing and lovely candidates who are vying for Miss Seoul University 2019!” The ever energetic Joy started and the crowd went wild. 

 

 

 

“Are you guys ready??!!!” Yeri earned a loud cheer from the crowd. 

 

 

 

 

“You guys are so ready! But first, let us introduce to you the board of judges. Starting of with Miss Kim Taeyeon! She is a well known artist who produced lots of Bop songs. Everyone, let us welcome her with big round of applause!”. The students were shouting Taeyeon’s name. 

 

 

 

 

 

The three remaining judges were introduced next. They are singer actor Lee Seung Gi, Exo’s Chanyeol, and model actress and former f(x) member Krystal Jung. 

 

 

 

 

“And now, let’s welcome our candidates with the Seoul University dance club and Music club!” Yeri and Joy said in Unison.

 

 

 

 

The crowd keeps shouting sending cheers to their candidates. There were posters and tarpaulins of candidates everywhere. A lot of Minju banners can be seen in every spot of the gymnasium. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dim lights. Silent crowd. The big screen played a short video of the candidates showcasing their visuals.

 

 

 

 

The song La Vie En Rose started. 

 

 

 

(Imagine only having Chaeyeon, Yena, Hyewon, Hitomi, Yujin and Eunbi for the dancing. And Chaewon, Yuri, Nako, Wonyoung for the singing.) 

 

 

 

 

Wonyoung started the first line with her singing. Somehow still dancing but with light steps only. 

 

 

 

 

After the third line, the candidates entered the stage. Wearing their loveliest smiles to capture the heart of the judges. 

 

 

 

 

Each one of them were standing on an elevated standee going up. 

 

 

 

Yiren being the number one had her first few lines. The chinese beauty earned a loud cheer from her fans. She’s a stunning visual widely known for being a Tzuyu look a like. 

 

 

 

 

Minju comes next. The cheer from Yiren’s fans tripled. The role model perfect student has tons of fans because of her beauty inside and out plus her excellence in academics. Being Irene’s sister is just a bonus. She made her own name. 

 

 

 

 

Kaeun is number three. Her tall figure and slender legs, made everyone envious. Not only that, she’s also an all around performer.

 

 

 

Shian followed. She also has a lot of supporters. The said student is an active advocate. Also with her great physical appearance, she can wow anyone who lay her eyes on her. 

 

 

 

 

Juri entered the scene. The japanese beauty is also drop dead gorgeous. The remaining candidates entered the stage with confidence and stunning visuals. 

 

 

 

The dance club went to the center stage this time with no singers and candidates, just them. Chaeyeon’s the only one standing. 

 

 

 

 

The students roared the moment she’s under the spotlight. 

 

 

 

“Are you ready for the dance break?!” She asked the crowd. 

 

 

 

 

She started dancing. Her body swayed perfectly. Her hair was dancing too. 

 

 

 

(Please see her dancebreak during 8th Gaon Music Chart Award) 

 

 

 

 

It was a good twenty seconds of silence. The students were watching her every move like a hawk. Many are capturing here awesome dance moves with their camera phones. 

 

 

 

The moment she finished dancing, the students cheered asking for more. 

 

 

 

 

Another chorus, the candidates came out once again. This time, the music club singers were the highlight. Yuri, with her amazing voice, belted the notes. She’s the gem of the music club. 

 

 

 

 

One final La Vie En Rose line, the production number ended. 

 

 

 

“Feather Chaeyeon!” 

 

“Jo Yuri!” 

 

“Kim Minju!” 

 

 

 

Obviously, those three are the crowd favorites. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun were watching the whole production at the backstage with proud smiles. 

 

 

 

 

“Sweetie, let’s admit it, Chaeyeon is better than you. But don’t worry, I still love you”. Irene girlfriend. 

 

 

 

“I’m not offended. I know she is. But give all the credits to me. I taught her since she’s five.” Seulgi smiled. 

 

 

 

“Look at Minju, she’s so beautiful. I’m happy she grew to a fine lady even though our parents are always away.” Irene emotionally watched her now smiling sister. 

 

 

 

“Of course, because you’re her sister. She was guided properly.” 

 

 

 

“Hey Seulrene! Our children! Oh my god! I can’t contain the happiness and pride I’m feeling!” Seungwan exaggeratedly wiped her invisible tears. 

 

 

 

 

“No need to be OA wannie. But I agree, it’s just the production number but the audiences are already so hyped”.  Seulgi said. 

 

 

 

The program proceeds. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course it would be incomplete without a special number from Red Velvet. 

 

 

 

 

The five former idols went to the center stage. Earning the loudest cheer and applause. 

 

 

 

 

They performed the iconic Bad boy song. 

 

 

 

(Insert RV performance at Kcon 2018 NY) 

 

 

 

 

Another special number by the Music club followed. Giving a rest time for the two emcees who performed. 

 

 

 

 

“Now, for the final interview. Let’s call on, candidate number one please”. Yeri the emcee announced. 

 

 

 

“There will only be one question for all the candidates. As for the remaining candidates, a headset will be put on their ears and loud music will play making sure they won’t hear anything”. Joy explained. 

 

 

 

“The judges will read the question for each one of the candidates.” She added. 

 

 

 

“For candidate number one, your judge will be Mr. Lee Seung Gi.” 

 

 

 

 

The students started clapping their hands for the said judge. 

 

 

 

 

“So the question is, describe your biggest downfall and how did you overcome it”. 

 

 

 

 

“I thought my biggest downfall was when I moved here. Everyone went through a phase of life wherein they would feel like they’re an outcast. I lived in a foreign country, then all of a sudden I have to move in a different place alone. My first days here were the worst days of my life. I have to deal with the big culture diversity. I feel so left out. I used to sit alone in a cafeteria, I used to locked out myself in my apartment because I have no one to spend my days with. Not until I met this group of friends, I never did spend an alone time during lunch.” Yiren paused for a moment. 

 

 

 

She’s looking at Wonyoung’s spot. The girls are looking at her too with smile on their faces. The students weren’t breathing for a moment for they feel so touched by her short speech. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Man, that was so deep but her friends doesn’t deserve her. They’re bullies and pathetic”. Yena commented. 

 

 

 

 

“I agree, how I wish we befriended her before those brats did”. Hyewon seconded the motion. 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s listen I think she’s not yet done”. Chaeyeon hushed them. 

 

 

 

 

They zipped their mouth for a moment and Chaeyeon’s right. She’s not done yet. 

 

 

 

 

 

“That I thought again was the biggest downfall of my life, but it wasn’t. This so called friends of mine made me do wrong things. That went through for the past three years. I tolerated them though I would admit I’m part of their schemes.” 

 

 

 

 

 

The crowd went noisy. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I learnt that my biggest downfall was when I let other people made me do nasty things to someone innocent. And today, I decided not to participate to another scheme anymore.” 

 

 

 

The audiences started sending boo’s to Wonyoung’s group. 

 

 

 

 

“I know Yiren has a good heart. I’m so happy she did the right thing.” Chaewon said to Yujin. 

 

 

 

 

“She did. Now I know Minju’s safe for today.” Yujin smiled while watching Yiren. 

 

 

 

 

As for Minju, she looks so puzzled. Wondering what’s the reason for the students to react like that. 

 

 

 

 

“Very well said Miss Yiren. If your friends let you do things like that, better cut ties with them.” Joy smiled at Yiren in which the latter return the gesture. 

 

 

 

 

“I’m so proud of you”. Joy whispered to Yiren. 

 

 

 

“Kamsahamnida”. Yiren whispered back. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please remove Miss Minju’s headset now”. Yeri instructed the . 

 

 

 

 

With Minju walking to the front stage, the crowd went wild. 

 

 

 

 

“Your girl is everyone’s favorite Chaeyeon.” Hitomi patted Chaeyeon’s back. 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sure of that. But she’s only mine”. She cockily stated making sure it’s loud enough for others to hear.

 

 

 

Chaewon and Yujin were standing not far from them. And they did hear what she said. 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon sighed. 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s with the deep sigh?” Yujin asked her obviously knowing why. 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s just stop this competition. She’s already with someone she truly loves”. She answered the other girl. 

 

 

 

 

“You really are lousy. Why give up without even trying? Aren’t you thankful I’m still giving you a chance?” Yujin rolled her eyes irritatingly. 

 

 

 

 

 

“We already knew who wins her heart Yujin. Whatever’s running in your mind now better not do it”. 

 

 

 

 

“And what do you think is it?” She quirked her eyebrows. 

 

 

 

 

“I saw how you look at Chaeyeon. And it’s full of anger. Just don’t do it”. 

 

 

 

 

Yujin laughed at her. 

 

 

 

 

“You’re so observant. Don’t you think it’s beneficial to both of us if I ruin that stupid face of hers?” 

 

 

 

 

“If getting a benefit will be out of violence then no. You should know how much Minju hates violence. You’ve been with her for a long time.” 

 

“No words can change my mind right now. I’m desperate.” 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon just sighed. 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Minju, your judge will be Miss Taeyeon.” 

 

 

 

 

“Your question is, describe your biggest downfall and how did you overcome it”. Taeyeon asked the now smiling Minju. 

 

 

 

 

“My parents are always away. Growing up without being able to see them on everyday basis wasn’t easy. But having a sister who always care for you, made everything so convenient and perfect”. 

 

 

 

 

She eyed Irene who’s now watching her with watery eyes. 

 

 

 

 

“I’m not mentioning my sister here because I want to win, I would say this regardless of not winning.”

 

 

 

 

The crowd went silent for a moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I grew up with only having her as my parent. But having her means having everything you could asked for. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter