Chapter 22

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congrats,” you hold your arms out for your best friend, who’s standing in a corner with his teammates “You did it, Jimin told me you scored 2 goals this time.”

“Of course, I did,” Joon beams, showing up his dimples as he throws himself in your embrace “so when am I getting my breakfast?”

“Ugh of course,” you roll your eyes “How could I even think you’d forget?”

“Why would I forget,” he chuckles “The only thing I could focus on the whole game was the breakfast buffet I’ll get if I score two goals this game.”

“Joon, don’t let anyone hear this,” you sigh shaking your head in disbelief “you’re the captain of the team.”

“Oh, honey I’m not even the worst,” he laughs “Half of these guys were only playing for the hook up they’ll score tonight,” he points at his teammates, each scattered around and flirting with girls, showing off their victory from the earlier game “They’re technically like soldiers coming back from serving country, popularity is at all times high.”

“Yeah, that makes sense,” you nod, eye rolling around the room “Explains why your minion disappeared the moment we entered the place.”

“Jimin?” he asks, furrowing his eyebrows “he’ll be back soon, I told him to keep you close to him tonight.”

“Joon-“ you start but your friend quickly dismisses you

“Listen to me please,” Joon speaks up “hang around Jimin for tonight, just in case Jiwoo and I need to dip.”

“When are you guys planning to tell Hoseok?” you ask, spatting Jimin’s hand away “Because honestly I had enough of your hide and seek game.”

“Hanguk boys are here,” Joon stares right at your eyes, before motioning his head to a certain direction “your Golden boy has been eyeing you since you got here.”

Your eyes flick to where Namjoon is pointing at and immediately meet Jungkook’s gaze, he is sitting in one of the comfortable leather couches, the girl who now you know is called Yeri plastered on his lap. He’s holding a bottle of beer with one hand and holding the girl’s disproportionately small waist compared to her hips, but his eyes are clearly on you.

You watch as the girl places a white cigarette stick on his lips and brings the lighter closer to him, he glances at her for a brief second before looking back at you.

“Well, he seems occupied,” you stare right into his dark eyes before looking at Joon “So I’m gonna go entertain myself if you don’t mind!” you say with a bitter tone before turning on your heels and walking off

You hear your friend calling after you but all you can think about is to get away from the scene and Jungkook who’s obviously decided to enjoy his night. You quickly walk off to the bathroom, locking yourself in the place and resting your back on the wall.

“Get yourself together,” you scold yourself as you run your fingers through your hair “He’s free to anyone he wants,” you sigh trying to convince yourself “It’s not like you own him or something.”

 You stare at yourself in the mirror, heart clenching as you unconsciously start to compare your appearance with the girl who you just saw with him, giving yourself a failing score in all matters.

“ this,” you mutter through gritted teeth “Get out there and enjoy your night,” you murmur “he was just a hook up, that’s it.”

You twist the doorknob and step out, determined to change the night over for yourself. So, you step through the hallway, walking through masses of college kids drinking and flirting with each other.

“Angel,” you hear Jimin calling for you from the end of the hallway “Here!” he waves and you unconsciously smile at the guy’s goofy action

“Whatever,” you sigh “Just hang around Joon’s minion for tonight, it can’t be that bad-“ you’re wondering with yourself when you feel a strong hold on your arm yanking you in the opposite direction

“What the -“ you turn around and feel your body pulled into one of the rooms in the hallway in a quick motion. Before you know, you’re inside the dark room with your back against the door and Hanguk’s golden boy standing dangerously close to you.

“Jeon,” you call with a lost tone, trying to make the calculations of how he showed up here when he was just in Yeri’s arms a few minutes ago “W-What-“

“Kook,” he demands, staring at you with trembling eyes “I told you to call me Kook!”

“Weren’t you busy?” you scoff, searching his expression “Is Yeri not entertaining you enough?” you ask in a venomous tone, and the bitterness in your words surprises you

“I-“ he raises an eyebrow, slightly surprised by your tone “Are you jealous?” he asks with a faint smirk

“Of course not,” you quickly avert your gaze to hide your lie “You were pretty excited to see her earlier!”

“Why didn’t you stop me?” He asks in a dark tone, ignoring your statement

“What?” you furrow your eyebrows

“You didn’t stop me from smoking,” he asks as he stares back at you “I thought you care what I do or don’t before the finals.”

You part your lips to say something but immediately shut them back together, realising the truth is something you can’t express. Of course, you cared if he smoked or not, but you also wanted to avoid approaching him while he showed off his boy nature with Yeri plastered all over his thighs.

“Was it really just a college hook up for you?” he asks interrupting your thoughts “did you only care about my health until you got your college hook-up?” he scoffs as he stares at you with angry eyes   

“Kook,” you call, using the name deliberately “Your girlfriend is waiting somewhere out there-“

“She’s not my girlfriend,” he corrects with an annoyed tone “answer my question!”

“It doesn’t matter what I think,” you explain with a bitter tone “you’re an adult and you can make your own decision, Kook!”

“Is it because of your friends?” he asks looking into yours for an answer “You’ve been acting so cold and dismissive since that night,” he explains in a frustrated tone “If you’re worried someone will find out, I promise I’ll keep it a secret.”

“Of course,” you spit in a bitter tone, somehow those words cutting deeper into your already fresh wound “you wouldn’t want anyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter