Part 5

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we talk?”

You turn around from where you’re standing, checking through the content of your kit to make sure you have enough for the whole duration of the 90 minutes game.

“Not now sorry,” You shake head quickly counting through the boxes of gauze and sigh in frustration “I should run back to the office.”

“I need to talk to you,” He persists, shifting to be in your sight, as you remain unfazed by his existence

“Jeon,” you breath out his name in a mixture of anger and annoyance as you grab one of the boxes “I need another 3 boxes of these before I can even think of anything else.”

“Fine,” he reaches and grabs the box off your hand “Where do I get them from?” He shots back in a rushed tone 

“The game starts in 10 minutes!” your frown, not taking interest in his suggestion

“Then I’ll be back in 5,” he narrows his eyes “Where?”

“The main office,” you respond, watching him with observant eyes “Second floor!”

“Fine,” he nods as he pushes his hair back with his slender fingers “But when I come back, we’re talking okay?!”

“fine!” you raise your hands as a sign of approval and watching him run back to the other side of the field where the main office is located.

You sigh sitting back down and rummaging through your kit again to ensure everything is prepared. Today is the day when Hanguk and SNU soccer teams go head to head for a friendly match.

Even though it’s called a friendly match, you very well know how the field can resemble the war scene in at least 30 minutes from now.

These guys are the best of the best, the crops of the cream of their respective universities and its not just about their personal pride but their campus honour which is on the stake.

You already gave Dr Kim a heads up earlier that week, knowing very well the injuries that will happen on the day will exceed all your injury management experience summed up in the past two years.

Fortunately, he was more than happy to cover that night’s shift with you, making sure everything goes smoothly with the two teams and hopefully, everyone come out of it alive.

“Y/N!”

You raise your head up, eyes glittering with joy upon seeing your friend running to you in his favourite soccer boots. 

“Namjoon, you’re late!” you scold, watching him run to your clumsily 

“I know, I know,” he sighs stopping by your seat and proceeds to do some stretches he should have done much earlier “One of the professors needed help with a paper so I stayed over time. Once I was done with it, it was already half an hour to the game. I dont know how I got here honestly.”

“Yeah I get it, you’re making good career connections in SNU,” you roll your eyes laughing “whatever Joon! But this game is as important in your resume as the connections.”

“Hey hey dont give me that sour attitude,” he scolds pouting in response

“Fine, you cry baby,” you ruffle his hair teasingly “Kick Hanguk’s , I’m counting on you to teach the source of my nightmares a good lesson.”

“Yes Sir-” he responds determined when a familiar figure cuts him off

“Captain,” you both turn around seeing the small figure of Jimin nearing both of you

“Park, what’s up?” He asks eyeing the guy with concerned eyes

“My neck,” he grunts, face scrunched in pain “It’s playing up again today.”

“Just get it strapped then, we’re short on time Park,” Namjoon growls in response “Hanguk’s a strong team buddy, we dont wanna get ed in the on the friendly match, do we?”

“The sport’s trainer covering today’s shift called in sick,” Jimin grunts in a worried tone “No one’s coming to cover her shift either since she called in too late.”

You watch your friend’s expression hardening as he walks closer to his teammate and checks his tilted to one side neck.

“I haven’t done many neck straps before but it’ll be better than nothing-”

“I can do it for you,” you quickly step in, bending down to grab a tape box off your kit “sit down! quick quick.” you order and the guy’s expression lightens with a smile

“sure,” he shrugs sitting down across you “Thanks, you’re literally an God sent angel.” 

“Have you had tapes on there before?” You ask  in a rush as you neatly scissor the corners of your tape

“yeah I had,” he responds eyeing you carefully as you lean closer to have a look at his neck and fit the tape on it “this pain has been here for a while now.” 

“I’m gonna have a feel first yeah?” You ask reaching up to palpate the side of his neck, feeling the muscles tense under your touch “Have you checked it with your sports medicine clinic?”

“Heat pack, massages, hold relax,” he lists them down as if he’s reciting them off a book “I’ve tried anything and nothing has worked.”

You nod your head, lips slightly pursing forward as you concentrate closely on where would the tape sit on his skin. 

“You know you should be grateful you get to touch me,” He smirks looking up at you teasingly “Not everyone gets the privilege you know.”

“alright thanks for the privilege Jimin,” you narrow your eyes trying to find the sore spot on his neck “tell me where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter