Chapter 17

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, I heard from Joon you’re a star athlete at Hanguk university,” Jiwoo beams at Jungkook trying to ease the tense mood of the table, while you reluctantly pick at your food, avoiding any eye contact with Joon “You must be really good.”

“Not as good as Hyung,” Jungkook blushes as he gulps his food down, eyes tracing to the older male who’s looking between you and him with interrogating eyes “But I’ve been lucky past couple of seasons!”

“Hanguk’s Golden Boy,” Joon speaks this time “I wouldn’t count it on luck to have that nickname, Jeon!” he suggests in a knowing smirk

“Thanks Hyung,” he gulps, for some reason the older male’s suspicious eyes not matching his compliment “I hope I can live up to the name, its all campus talk anyways.”

“Your soccer skills isn’t the only thing that is the talk of campus,” Jiwoo steps in this time and you gulp, throwing her a glare knowing exactly where she’s going “I heard you’re quite skilled in other things too-“

“Jiwoo,” you interrupt this time, raising both eyebrows as a sign of warning “Eat your food, it’s getting cold,” You then quickly bring your eyes to Jungkook who’s melting beside you "Don’t mind them, they're always talkative at the table.”

“Its not a bad thing, Y/N!” Joon knocks on the table with his knuckles to bring your attention to him “You must have heard they call him Hanguk's Golden Boy,” he scoffs as he spares a glance at the younger boy "And the Golden part is not just about his soccer skills, but his other skills too," he hesitates before adding “If he really lives up to the words, it really is a compliment, right Jeon?”

Jungkook gulps, chewing the words in his mouth before glancing nervously between the two sitting across him. He knows that if he proudly accepts his reputation as Hanguk’s Golden Boy, he is officially acknowledging that he is indeed a boy which with his history isn’t too far off from truth.

But for some reason he doesn’t want you to know his history, or the fact that he was once proud of being marked as Hanguk’s Golden boy and the reputation it brought for him, specially not when the both of you had so much progress recently and you've barely decided to look at him as just Jeon Jungkook from the soccer team. 

“Well I guess It reassures me I’m doing a thing or two well in the bedroom department-“ He answers with a trembling voice

“What a way to hold up your reputation,”Joon smirks “by ing half of Hanguk’s campus girls,” Joon smirks through gritted teeth before sparing a condescending glare your way “and I guess more to come!”

“Hyung-“Jungkook’s eyes widen at the guy’s blunt words “I- but …”

“Joon,” you step in this time, having had enough of the interrogation sessions your best friend is putting the guy through “let’s talk outside.” you command but you don’t wait as you get up of your seat and grab the guy’s arm and walk outside the restaurant.

Jungkook’s trailing stare follows the two of you before letting a deep sigh out and bringing his eyes to the girl who’s watching him closely and immediately shakes his disappointed face off, replacing it with a faint smile. 

“Hoseok was right,” Jiwoo beams with a wide grin, “You look all huge and muscly but you’re a softie Jeon!”

“Nuna!” Jungkook sighs with a faded smile and lowers his gaze, cheeks flushing shyly. 

.

“The is wrong with you, Joon?” you scold the moment the two of you finally reach the quiet alley behind the restaurant

“Well done,” Joon sighs with his arms across his chest “I told you to not around with Jeon and you are doing exactly that! WELL DONE!” he scoffs "Whats wrong with you?"

“Whats wrong with YOU?!” You say exasperated “I told you I’ve been helping Dr Kim with controlling his Asthma," you sigh, lowering your voice as you explain "and he offer to treat me to dinner as a thank you gesture, Why do you make a big deal out of this?”

“Because it IS a big deal,” he sighs, shifting closer to you as his hands reach to press your arm “This Hanguk's most famous boy we're talking about,” he pauses as he's contemplating his next words before adding "You dont need another Yoongi Hyung do you?" 

“If you think he hasn’t traumatised me enough to not around with another Jock, I reassure you …” you explain in a raised tone before sighing “I’ve learned my lessons, Joon.”

“I told you before, It’s not you who I’m worried about,” he sighs “these guys are athletes, they don’t lead with their brain,” he runs a hand through his hair as he continues “they’re all muscles and hormones, they wanna the next thing they find available.”

“You make it sound like this is some sort of wildlife and I'm the prey to these predators,” You laugh hysterically “Joon, we’ve been working together in the same club for the last  two years, I reassure you if he wanted to do something he would have by now!”

“But-“

“Joon, the guy you’re worried about has hot girls from the exercise science department lining up on his door,” you explain with a forced smile, for some odd reason the words soun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter