Chapter 20

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You watch the young doctor flipping through the green coloured diary, occasionally flicking his eyes from the papers to his computer screen to cross check the progression with the values on the screen. You glance at the guy who’s sitting beside your silently, scrolling on his phone and you unconsciously roll your eyes at the way his thumb double taps on the picture of a half- girl in her gym clothes and a heart shows up on the screen.

This is the reality check you needed exactly one week after the eventful night you’ve had with the guy. This was the first time you’ve seen the guy since then and for some reason it was itching you the wrong way how unbothered he seemed about seeing you. For some reason you thought he would care slightly more about the girl he hooked up with in the soccer club’s changing room and you know the expectation is very foolish of you.

Your heart’s been a mess since that night, and you’ve only came to realise it when you saw the guy after a whole week. You’ve been longing the guy’s proximity since that day, but all your attempts to catch up with him been continuously in a vain since the guy decided to use his social events as an excuse for not having a face to face medication check with you.

He still sent you the frequent photos of his inhaler along with the dosage he took, occasionally even sending snapchats of himself taking the medication to you just to make sure you have no excuse to see him face to face.

You’ve slightly came to hate yourself for teaching him the right technique of taking his inhaler, when you watched and re-watched the videos of the guy with his head falling back, the veins on his neck exposed against the camera as he breathed in slowly, making a sinful show when taken out of context.

You couldn’t help but be reminded of the eventful night he made you all over his fingers in that tiny room every time you watched those videos.  It sometimes left you wondering if he is secretly trying to tease you by sending you those sinful images.

But the door was shut in your face when you showed up at the final appointment with Dr Kim, excited to finally see the guy for the first time after a week, only to be greeted by his cold greeting with you. If you’re honest, you don’t even know what you expected of him.

It’s no secret, the guy is notorious for his casual hook-ups. And perhaps you were just another girl in the line of girls he provided his service to, so you’re not sure why you’re so disappointed seeing the way he’s so nonchalant with you. It’s not like you expected he treats you specially or something, right?!

“Good work guys,” your thoughts are interrupted by the young doctor’s soft voice “the diary is completed to an acceptable standard,” he explains as he closes the notebook “And guess what? Your lung function has been steadily improving.”

“Great!” you smile, pleased about perhaps the only happy ending in this situation

“So, we’re all good?” Jungkook asks with an uninterested tone “You can issue my return to sport permission, right?”

“Impatient, aren’t we?” Dr Kim chuckles, as he opens his draw and brings the piece of paper out “I prepared it in advance.”

You watch the doctor sign and stamp the piece of paper which officially ends the arrangement between your Jungkook and for some reason your heart sinks in your chest. You feel the tears welling up in your eyes, so you blink quickly.

“So, we’re done right?” you ask as you quickly stand up from your seat "I'm gonna head down, I forgot something from training the other night."

“Sure,” Dr Kim nods, flashing you a pleased smile “Thank you.”

“Not a problem,” you flash a forced smile before quickly turning on your heels and leaving his office.

You climb down the stairs and run into your own treatment room, where you usually treat the guys after the game as the overwhelming memories of all that happened in the past couple weeks start to rush in your mind.

“Don’t cry, don’t cry,” you urge yourself, blinking rapidly to stop the tears from falling when you hear footsteps behind you

“You did it,” you force the words out, watching the guy walking down from Dr Kim’s office “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” he responds curtly, eyes hollow and almost looking angry “You must be happy you don’t need to baby sit me anymore.”

“Of course,” you chuckle trying to ease the mood “One less thing to worry about at my job.”

“Right,” he nods, failing to take your joke as lightly as you intend it to come across “sorry for taking up too much of your time,” he scoffs in a sarcastic tone “but you know where to find me if you need a good ,” he scoffs as he folds the piece of paper in his hands “I’m happy to return the favor anytime.”

“Jeon,” you call softly “It’s not gonna happen again,” you hesitate as you watch his unimpressed eyes “I’m sorry- “

“For ’s sake,” he snaps, fist curled by his side “Stop apologizing,” he spits back “as you said It was just a college hook up and we both did it consensually.” he averts his gaze “there is no reason to have hard feelings right?”

 “I-I just-“ you stop yourself from continuing the sentence, knowing you’ll be doomed if he knows how exactly you feel about that night and what happened between you “I apperciate your offer but I reassure you it wont happen again, Jeon. Thanks for offering.”

“Whatever!” he murmurs as he pushes the folded paper in his pocket when the door of the office opens and a girl peek through the door

“Jeon,” she calls, eyes glancing dismissively from you to the guy who’s standing beside you “I’m finished with my training, Tae told me I can find you here,” she explains as she opens the door and rests her perfectly sculpted body on the door behind her “can I come over tonight?”

Jungkook gulps, his eyes travelling between the girl to you, and you just flash him a bitter smile before muttering “I gotta go.” you say in a quiet tone as you quickly grab your bag and run out of the door passed the girl.

 

-

 

Its 2AM in the morning and you’re still tossing and turning in your bed, trying to fall sleep. You finally lay on your back, staring at the white ceiling as you let your mind fly free to the memories of earlier that day. For some reason, you keep flashing back to the girl who interrupted your con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter