Part 1

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pulling the zipper of your jacket, you place the box of first aid kits on one of the empty seats while occupying the one beside it. Your eyes glance over at the grass field, having a quick headcount over the team.

Working as the Hanguk University's sport's trainer part-time, while studying rehabilitation and physiotherapy at the same time is the most exciting your life can get.

You still dont even know how you ended up in this job, instead of something more conventional like a cafe or restaurant part-timer or an admin assistant in one of the clinics near the school.

Stumbling upon an ad in your freshman year, you applied for the position and before you knew you were on the side of the grass field with a first aid kit , ready to take care of 22 men running around for a single ball.

The game stops with the whistle comes from across the field and you quickly stand up, rushing to the mini icebox to grab some cold water for the guys.

On the days they are calm and dont try to kill each other off in the field, the hardest thing you do is handing the bottles of water to the guys who are about to drown the field in their sweats.

"Thanks!" Hoseok mouths, gasping for air as he grabs a bottle from you and gulps half of its content in one go.

You flash a quick smile before bending down for a couple more. Hoseok is the captain of Hanguk University's soccer team, and perhaps the most civil these guys can probably get. 

"Hey Sugar," you hear the familiar deep voice, feeling a sticky hand touching the palm of your hand while taking the bottle of water off you.

You quickly retract, sighing in frustration as you come up to face the owner of the voice.

"No, you're alright, Sugar," Taehyung smirks, "I liked the sight of you better down there."

"Too bad, The show is over Tae." you roll your eyes, hugging the masses of bottles against your chest while handing it to the rushes of guys who look at you like fishes deprived of water.

"You dont have to play hard to get, Sugar!" he coos gulping a sip of his water, "Its been about 2 years you get a good sight of me every week, shouldnt you pay back somehow?"

"Mhmm Sure," you nod as you bend down to grab a couple more to quickly leave the guy on his own and possibly hand some water to the others "But I'd like compensation for my poor eyes first." you spit back nonchalantly walking pass him

You hear a couple of guys laughing at your remark, while you walk through the masses of them, handing out a couple of bottles to those who haven't had the privilege to receive one from you yet.

Your footsteps stop at the sight of the guy, who's bending over and coughing tightly while gasping for air, his eyebrows furrowed close together in something you'd recognize as pain.

"You alright?" you ask, stepping closer to him

"Y-Yeah, " the guy with his wide doe eyes replies, looking up at you "for me?"

You nod, examining his face as you hand him the bottle of water. Jeon Jungkook, Hanguk Soccer Team's Golden Boy. After recieving gold medals for being the under 15 and under 18 top soccer players, he was offered a full scholarship from the university into the team. He basically is the star of the show whenever there is a game going. 

You, however, know him through some other unfortunate situations. More specifically the asthma action plan, with his full name and ID along with his MDI inhaler in your toolbox.

"Thanks!" he mouths, barely audible before indulging himself on the cold fluid

"Are you sure you're alright-"

"I'm fine," he spits, looking back at you with an angry expression which has you retracting immediately "Didnt you hear?"

"Fine!" You reply, slightly caught off guard by his small tantrum "You know the deal, go see Dr Kim if anything-"

"Hyung," he shouts over your voice, interrupting you for the second time "Nice dribbles just now, mind showing me the tricks?"

"No problem Jeon." Hoseok chirps in his usual cheerful tone

You puff the air in your lungs out in frustration, walking past him towards the end of the field to see the coach sitting there on his own. The old man smiles upon seeing you, quickly motioning the seat beside himself for you to sit in.

You continue watching the rest of the game along with the coach who keeps screaming instructions for the boys at the top of his lungs. Your eyes, though are fixed on one player, even if you hate him to guts by his earlier behaviour with you.

"Coach, can I ask a question?" you glance over at the guy who smiles amidst his fiery shouts 

"Sure!" he nods enthusiastically

"How's Jeon doing recently?" you ask, carefully examining him

"Jeon?" he raises an eyebrow looking over at you before bringing his focused gaze on the field "YUGYEOM, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? BLOCK HIS WAY!"

Your ears literally ring at the shout that echoes in your eardrum, but you're too keen to leave the passionate man's side before you get your answer.

"He's been alright, just a bit tired," he explains as he tracks the mentioned boy on the field "They all are, it hasn't been long since the pre-selections and they already are getting ready for finals. Why?"

"Nothing really," you quickly shrug it off, dipping your hand in your sweater before jumping onto your two feet "I'll get in the shower room before they end the game. I might have to do a couple of strappings."

"Thank you, Darl! They boys will apperciate it." The man says, watching you walk away for a brief second before bringing his attention back to the

 

 

-

 

 

The door of the shower room snaps open with a loud thud and you flinch like every other day. You continue setting the tapes on the table along with a scissor and a bott

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter