Chapter 21

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes travel between the coach who’s screaming at the guys on the field and the big billboard showing the scores, pitying the old man’s throat which you're sure is gonna be sore for the next few days. The finals have officially started and tonight Hanguk is up against Yonsei University’s team, to decide which team will go up against SNU later that week.

It was no surprise that SNU would go up the ladder but you were still proud when your best friend called you earlier that afternoon declaring his win against Korea University with his usual proud tone. You couldn’t help but feel the tension as the Hanguk guys entered the field knowing their opponent has already kicked another team’s .

It probably explained why you’ve dealt with 3 rolled ankles, 2 suspected knee ligament injuries and 1 person being carried off on the stretcher to reach the 88th minute of the game.  You sigh impatiently as your eyes continues to flick back to the guy you’ve been trying to avoid looking at the whole game.

Jungkook is running in the midfield as always, gasping for his life, sweat rolling down his neck into his chest making his shirt stick to his perfectly toned body and show them off even more. It would be a sensual image if you didn’t know about his asthma, the way his lips part as he gasps for air, the way his chest rises with each breath, but all you can focus on right now was the way his breathing kept reducing in depth and increases in rate.

You finally sigh in relief as the two remaining minutes come to an end with the familiar whistle, and you immediately grab your kit and run back to the training room, trying to gather your thoughts and your fast beating heart together.

“Pull yourself together,” you whisper to yourself as you open your kit and start to empty it on the table “The guy finger ed you once and you’re here losing your mind over him,” you remind yourself under your breath “GET. IT. TOGETHER-“

“Y/N!” you hear the captain and immediately turn around to face him "I need help!"

“What’s up?” you ask with concern “did you hurt yourself?”

“Not me,” He shakes his head with a flustered tone, gasping for air and visibly exhausted “Jeon-“

“,” you don’t let him finish as you quickly bend down and grab the small oxygen can spray and the bag of his medication and run with him “where is he?”

“I saw him walking to the changing room on the other side,” he runs with you, forcing the words between his gasps for air “he probably doesn’t want the other guys notice.”

“Of course,” you mutter through gritted teeth “Jeon and his big stupid ego,” you state as you fasten your footsteps towards the hidden changing room on the other side of the field “He rather die than anyone knowing he’s struggling.”

You notice Hoseok’s confused look after your statement, but you decide to ignore it for now, as you know getting to the idiot who’s probably struggling to keep breathing in the changing room is more of a priority.

“Can you call Dr Kim?” you ask Hoseok as you arrive at the room and find the guy sitting inside as you’d both expect “Tell him it’s an emergency for Jeon.”

“Sure, will be back!” he nods, as he immediately runs back to the office

You enter the changing room, finding the guy sitting on the wooden bench, elbows on his knees and gasping for air.

“Are you okay?” you ask as you quickly kneel in front of him, setting up his medication on the spacer and handing it to him

“The usual,” he states in a quiet tone, and you’re surprised that he doesn’t back for the first time in a while as you help him hold the spacer against his face “nothing out of the norm.”

“How breathless are you out of ten?” you ask quickly as you stare at him pressing the spacer against his mouth and breathing the aerosol in, he hesitates before mouthing a 5 through the device and you nod silently

“I think we’ll hold the oxygen off until Dr Kim gets here,” you explain with a soft tone, helping him hold the device as he tilts his head back for the second dose “Captain went to get him, hang in there.”

He doesn’t respond, slowly breathing the medication in before lowering his hand and the device down. Your eyes travels between his chest and your watch carefully to count his breathing rate.

“Your breathing rate is normal again,” you sigh in relief as you grab the device off his hand “how breathless are you now?”  you ask staring sternly at him

He doesn’t reply to this time, only staring at you as if he’s trying to figure you out. You start to feel conscious as his eyes stay on you for a few more seconds so you shift away from him.

“W-What?” you murmur as you fiddle with his spacer

“Nothing,” he shrugs “I was just thinking its not so bad to be sick after all.”

“What?” you snap looking at the guy with a confused expression “What do you mean?”

“At least you look at me properly when I’m feeling sick,” he responds, leaning closer to look right into your eyes “Instead of avoiding me like other times.”

“Jeon,” you call in a soft tone but before you can respond to his ridiculous statement the door opens and Dr Kim interrupts you.

“Jeon, are you alright?” he asks in an urgent tone as he enters and quickly kneels beside you and presses his stethoscope against the guy’s chest “Nice deep breath in for me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter