Chapter 18

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

You thought these late-night parties will cease for at least until after final games but you might have been too hopeful. That’s why right now you were sitting beside Joon drinking from your bottle of beer while you watch the guys from his team speak obnoxiously loud and cheer their glasses of beer to the hopeful wins in near future.

Your eyes travel around the tables, spotting Jungkook a few tables away and immediately wince as you find yourself searching him. Since the night you had dinner together you’ve been trying your best to steer clear of him.  You still saw him a couple of times during practice and had to do a few straps for him as usual, but you’ve been doing your best to reduce your alone times with him and using finals and exams as an excuse by filling his medication diary over text or quick phone calls.

In other terms, you’ve been avoiding him, and you know that he would eventually find out your intention. You decided avoiding the danger zone is the best way to protect yourself from falling deeper into this. So when earlier that night at training he asked whether you’re going to the party you were at right now, you only gave him curt responses like “not sure” and brushed him off. You can still feel the shiver running down your back remembering his cold stare when you entered the party along with Jimin, Jiwoo and Joon. You tried to reason yourself that it’s not your fault your best friend has gone full on protective mode and wants to keep you close to him and his friends but you still feel guilty to face the guy knowing how much he hates you hanging around mortal enemy. 

Well its not your fault, since the guy decided to cross all boundaries you've been creating that night. You can still vividly remember, the way his lips met yours after those sinful words. “I want you”, your heart still skips a beat when you reminisce the way those words echoed in his car as he confessed and caused a turmoil in your heart. Now you can’t help but to feel your cheeks flushing every time you see the guy getting close to you, feeling too scared that he might pull one of his famous Golden moves on you, and feeling overwhelmingly disappointed when he just casually walks past you like he didn't tug at your heart's strings. 

He probably was used to this whole making out with girls in his Jeep business on a daily. So much he probably wouldn’t even remember the way your lips melted on his soft lips, the way your arms immediately moved up to hold the silky strands of his dark brown hair as you fell deeper into his trap. But you were different to him, this didn’t happen to you very often, at least not frequent enough to just forget everything and act as nonchalant as him.

“If anyone sees they’d think you guys are in love,” you hear your friend’s familiar voice from behind and immediately jolt around to face Jiwoo who came back from toilet

 “Are you sure Hoseok is fine with you sitting her with me?” you say trying to ignore his earlier statement

“I don’t think you should worry about Hoseok,” Jiwoo shrugs with a mischievous smile as he points her head to a table a few metres away where your eyes were fixed on earlier “Lover boy hasn’t stopped looking at you since we got here.”

“He’s probably just zoning out, wishing he never came here just like I regret coming.”

“Fool yourself like that honey,” Jiwoo beams as he leans closer “Something happened between you two, Right?”

“Jiwoo-“ you warn eyeing Joon who’s talking to one of his teammates, making sure he doesn’t hear anything “Please, nothing happened. Joon is already on my as it is, please don’t provoke him.”

“Fine,” she chuckles as she brings her index finger to her nose “But you can tell me, your secret is safe with me!”

“Hey, you two,” Hoseok calls as he steps closer to the table, placing a hand on both you and Jiwoo’s shoulder “What the hell are you two doing at this table?”

“We’re planning to steal her Hyung,” Jimin stands up and shouts back at the guy in between the chaos “She’s gonna be SNU’s trainer next season, right Angel?”

You roll your eyes at the guy’s childish response “I dont rememebr making such a promise.”

“That’s not fair,” Hoseok furrows his eyebrows in response, “Are you gonna betray us like that?” He brushes a fist on your shoulder jokingly

“Well, It’s not such a bad idea,” you shrug “I need a bit of change anyways. I’ve been with you guys for two years.”

“Cheers to that.” Jimin giggles as he clinks his bottle on yours

“Didn’t know you’re two timer, Y/N?” Hoseok gives you a chuckle “you know what, I can’t let this off so easily, you’re sitting with us.”

Before you can reject, the guy grabs your arm and yank you towards the table he was sitting at a few metres away and forces you to sit on place, between Taehyung and Yugyeom.

“Guys, SNU is trying to steal our trainer just before the finals,” he says with a semi-serious tone, as if he’s sharing a highly confidential secret with teammates “We can’t let that happen, can we?” 

Your eyes meet Jungkook’s who’s sitting across the table, averting your eyes immediately as he stares right into your soul with disdain so you quickly try to stand up “I need to-“

“No way I’ll let you back there,” Taehyung forces you back on your sit, heavy arms wrapping around your torso as he fills a red cup with some booze “You’re forever ours, Sugar!”

You sigh as you glance back at Joon’s table, eyes meeting his for a second and he throws a concerned look between you and Jungkook before glancing away and murmuring something to Jiwoo who’s only smiling and nodding in response.

You reach for the red cup and down the booze in a quick manner, making the guys around you applaud you with their boyish “Whoos” as you knock the plastic cup back on the table. If only they know your goal is not to impress them but to just numb the anxiety of having to sit through another night with Jungkook sitting across you.

“That’s the way to go, Sugar!” Taehyung laughs as he fills your empty cup “This one is for Hanguk’s win in the finale,” he explains as he pours the booze in the cup carelessly, filling it to the brim “you gotta go one shot!”

You sigh, already feeling slightly tipsy from the mixture of your beer and the booze Taehyung is feeding you so you look around nervously, biting your lips as you see the expecting eyes of the team on you.

“Tae, I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter