Part 2

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s everything going?”

You look up to the source of the voice, a faint smile dancing on your lips as the sight of the young doctor greets your eyes. The doctor’s beauty never fails to brighten up your shifts and tonight is no exception. Kim Seokjin, the sports medicine specialist taking care of Hanguk University’s sports clinic who also happens to be your boss.

“Not too bad!” You reply back in a jolly tone as you quickly jam pack the strips of tape in the bag carefully, hiding your blushing cheeks from the guy.

“Were the guys behaving while I was away?” The young doctor asks in his soft, polite voice as he helps you pack your tools

“Yeah, they’re alright,” you nod reassuringly, “We just had an ankle sprain over the weekend, that’s the most exciting it got.”

“Jung Hoseok?” He asks and you chuckle in response

“The captain is always a bit too passionate,” You elaborate with a smile “I just taped his ankle off and sat him down on the bench for the weekend. He was doing fine tonight so we compromised under one condition. And  that is he will take it easy for a while.”

“I think its time for me to retire then,” he laughs as he pushes the last piece of tape in your bag “you’re ready to take over huh?”

“Of course not Dr Kim,” you shake your head with a frown “I won't last a day out here on my own, its the finals in a bit and we’ll see how they all start to fall apart.”

He helps you place the bag full of tapes and gels on the side of the room, before looking around and reaching for the plastic bag containing the Inhaler.

"Not that," you quickly call catching his attention "I have to put that away, It's expiring in a week."

 "Oh right," He nods as he quickly looks over at the side of the puffer and checks the date "Are we getting one anytime soon?"

"I placed the order through the office, Mrs Han said it'll be here sometime next week." You explain as you organize the grab a paper towel to clean the table

"How's Jeon doing?" Dr Kim's voice echoes in the room and you pause while doing your cleaning duty, briefly thinking over your earlier observation

"He's alright!" You reply after a moment of hesitation against your real intentions

"That's good, I was wondering if I need to take him in for a review."

Your ears perk at the statement and you quickly stop, glancing up at the young doctor.

"Why?" you asked with a keen tone

"Why what?" Seokjin replies with a dumbfounded expression

"N-Nothing..." you quickly shrug it off, proceeding to dry off the traces of wet water off the chair before pausing again and looking up at the confused doctor "Actually, I dont know!"

"You dont know?" he repeats, his face showing more confusion

"About Jeon, I dont know if he's fine," you state nervously watching Seokjin's questioning eyes for the cue to continue talking "I mean I'm only in my third year and we barely learnt anything about Asthma but-" you quickly shrug off with a chuckle "Its probably foolish assumption of me anyways!"

"No go on," he says furrowing his eyebrows "I'm sure it's worth discussing at least!"

"Well, he was coughing quite roughly in the middle of the game tonight," you explain and Seokjin nods in response

"Was that all you observed?" he asks, his voice suddenly resembling some of your tutors in the classes you attend every day

"He seemed a bit short of breath, I mean he was in the middle of the game so It might be normal but he was hunching over and gasping during his cough," you elaborate your earlier memory of the guy "Which means he was usually extra help from his accessory muscles."

"What's your hypothesis?"  He asks softly as he takes the information in

"I'm not sure, I mean I dont know much about his Asthma  but I know he shouldn't be feeling so breathless if he's taking his meds." you reply honestly  and the doctor nods with a smile

"Well I think someone has been listening to her lectures pretty well," he chuckles placing the plastic bag on the table, " I agree with you. I should probably review his medications. Good call."

"Oh," you respond quite surprised at his reaction "Thanks." you flash a smile before walking across the room to get your bag and leave

"Y/N..." you turn around upon hearing your voice "If you observe anything next time, dont hesitate to tell me," he instructs giving you a reassuring nod "Considering you see those guys more often than me on the field, It doesn't hurt to call things out."

"Sure Dr Kim!" you bow quickly before shifting your bag on your should and leaving the clinic

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"These pain science lectures will be the death of me. they are so freaking boring.” 

Your friend sighs dropping his forehead on the table, pressing it firmly against the book.

"Calm down Joon, we're in the library, not your living room," you hiss under your breath, grabbing the corner of his MacBook and having a quick look at his screen "hey you're almost done with it."

"Yeah after literally 5 hours," he rolls his eyes at you as he brings his head up "Are you done?"

"Yeah, I was having a look at the Asthma topic-"

"Asthma?" he interrupts, quickly leaning to have a look at your screen  “Dont you guys learn that in the second year!?”

"Yeah," you shrug nodding your head "Doesn't hurt to revise you know!"

"Ugh you're so freaking annoying," he whines pursing his lips forward, "I barely get to catch up and you're already revising!"

"The finals are near, you should start too-" you start your mini-lecture for your friend when he quickly stands up

"I think we've done enough," he quickly jams his notebook, pens and papers in the bag "Pack up, we're partying tonight!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter