Part 12

Offside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hesitantly knock and wait for the guy’s sweet voice calling “Come in” before twisting the doorknob and entering doctor Kim’s room. He brings his eyes up to you and flashes you his usual sweet smile as he points at the chair in front him “Come in, who caused trouble this time?”

“No one,” you quickly shake your head to reassure him, ping your bag as you take out the green colored journal “I’m here to talk to you about this Dr Kim!”

Your heart sinks at his sweet smile fading on his lips, expression immediately sunken as he murmurs “He didn’t accept, did he?”

“He did,” you speak up, not bearing to give the young doctor more heartache “He said he’ll do it?”

“Really?” The young doctor immediately shifts in his seat, face lighting up with hope “Jeon accepted to do the diary? How?”

“Yeah,” you nod with a reassuring smile “I’m checking on him three times a week, plus two days of training that I’m on shift.”

“Wow,” the words slip out of his lips and he hesitates for a few moments before sighing in relief “It doesn’t feel real,” He then reaches to hold your hand as he mutters “Thank you, Y/N.”

“That’s fine,” you smile, cheeks blushing at the sudden contact of his hand on yours, after 2 years you still cant deny you'd risk it all for the etheral looking guy “I’m glad it worked out.”

“So when are you guys starting?” You almost pout when he pulls his hand away as he quickly types a few things on his computer “Can I book you in for weekly meetings with myself, so I can review his diary as well?”

“Sure, I can come in an hour before the training on Fridays if that works for you.”

“Sounds good,” he nods before pausing his typing and looking at you “Instead I’ll talk to the admin team and we’ll add an hour to your roster. You’re not doing this for free on my watch.”

“I- I’m not doing this for money,” You quickly interject “It’s a great experience for me too! I appreciate this opportunity as it is. ”

“Of course you do,” he nods before sending you a warm smile “but I really appreciate what you’re doing too. But you’re sacrificing you time and only then I’d feel comfortable for taking your time.”

“Alright!” you nod as you quickly reach inside your bag “Dr Kim, I had a question …”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I have a friend who’s quitting smoking,” you start with a hesitant tone, hoping that he doesn’t pick on who exactly you’re talking about “I heard that the side effects can be quite bad in the beginning. Is that true?”

“Well it depends on each person,” Dr Kim nods “but often the first few days can be quite rough, has your friend try nicotine gums or patches?”

“I- I’m not sure!”

He quickly reaches for his drawer and grabs a small rectangular box and places in front of you “This is a nicotine gum sample I usually give my patients, give this to your friend and ask him to give it a go. If this doesn’t work, he should try the patches, they’re usually stronger and have a more lasting effect.”

“Thank you,” you quickly grab the box “I’ll have him give it a go and see how he goes.”

“I’m glad I was any help,” he says with a wide grin before looking at the clock “ You have training in a bit. I’ll see you Friday then.”

“See you then Dr Kim!”

You quickly leave his room and make your way downstairs to the changing room to prepare your kit for the training when you find Jungkook sitting in the changing room, scrolling on his phone. When he hears your footstep, he looks up at you, raising one eyebrow

“Hey,” you wave hesitantly as you place your backpack on the table “What’s up?”

“I was looking for my inhaler,” he shrugs pointing at one of the draws “I couldn’t find it there.”

“Oh right,” you quickly rush to one of the cabinets and grab your kit “I forgot to put it back after the last training,” you quickly grab the inhaler and the spacer and walk back to where he’s sitting “Sorry about that!”

He grabs the inhaler and moves it closer to his lips but pauses as he notices your demanding gaze on himself “What?”

“The spacer,” you wave the plastic device in front of him “10% more medication? More useful? did you forget?”

He sighs looking away from you before muttering “Well since you’re here, why don’t you do it for me?”

“What-“ you gasp as he reaches for the back of your waist and pulls you on his lap. You stumble forward and have to hold onto his shoulders to balance yourself as you plop down on his lap, face a few inches away from his “What are you doing?” you ask as he locks his hands tightly around you

“You’re not gonna give me medication standing, would you?” He rolls his eyes as he hands you the inhaler

“What if the guys come here,” You shift uncomfortably, peeking at the door “They’ll get the wrong idea.”

“Isn’t that better for you?” He shrugs “Maybe they’ll think you’re taken and stop checking out your !”

“No one checks out my -“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter