Coincidence

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT.

 

Jimin eyed on Rose as she helped Jungkook to walk down the stairs all the way to the living room on the first floor, where he seated. "I'll leave first. Call me if you need anything," Rose said quietly as Jungkook sat down in front of Jimin. She turned to Jimin and smiled at him to be polite. He returned the smile. Rose walked away through the hallway and gone as soon as she entered the kitchen. Jungkook cleared his throat. "Is she pretty?" Jungkook said, pulling back Jimin attention into him. Jimin laughed. 

"She's pretty. But I'm not looking at her because of that," Jimin said. Jungkook smirked. "I'm telling you the truth," Jimin defended himself. "In fact, I find someone else prettier," Jimin said shyly. Jungkook anticipated. "But I ain't telling you," Jimin cut off his anticipation. "I'm curious of you instead," he said. He did not know how to describe how he felt to see Jungkook finally making interaction with someone out of his league but he somewhat feel glad, for sure. "You're finally moving a step forward, which is a good progress. What makes you change your mind?" he asked for further information. 

"I never intended to make any progress. She might not be here when you came next month," Jungkook said calmly. Jimin kept quiet. He sees Rose along the hallway. Bringing two glasses of, he believed orange juice, judging by its color. But, by the time he saw her, she's already stopped walking. If he is not wrong, Rose heard what Jungkook was saying. But he silently hoped that he was wrong. "Why are you silent?" Jungkook asked him. He was still looking at Rose. She shook her head. If he interpreted it correctly, Rose wanted him to keep silent about her presence there. 

"Nothing. I'm picking up something from the floor. What were you saying again?" Jimin pretended as if nothing happened. "Do you really believe I would keep that girl to take care of me for a long time?" Jungkook said. "I don't know," Jimin gave him a short answer. Jungkook smirked. "Let me ask you one thing," Jungkook said. "Would you let a stupid girl who was dumped by her boyfriend but still believed that he is a nice person to take care of you? What more her family went bankrupt because of the boyfriend's family. Saddening," Jungkook smirked again. He sounded very arrogant and despised. Unlike him before. Very firm but also very calm. Jimin cleared his throat, looking at Rose. Even from a far, he can still see Rose's eyes were filled with tears. 

"But that does not seem to correlate with each other. How does what happened to her have anything to do with taking care of you?" Jimin asked. Rose already looked away to avoid getting caught that she was about to cry, even though she's already get caught. Rose took a deep breath and walk slowly towards the two guys. "She..." Jungkook stopped talking when he felt Rose near him. "Do you need anything?" he asked Rose. 

"Nothing, I'm serving drinks for you and the guest," Rose said quietly. Her voice sounded vibrating. She controlled it so it doesn't sound so obvious. She was about to leave when Jungkook stopped her. "Sit here. Why are you sitting somewhere else when the person you're taking care of is sitting here," he said. Jimin frowned. He could not understand this guy at all. Just a moment ago he had show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter