Unveiled

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

 

 

A FEW MONTHS LATER

 

His forehead is wet by his sweat. His head is shaking left and right. His body cannot sit still. He gasped. His eyes are wide open. His breath becomes heavy and fast. He is having a nightmare. “Are you okay?” Jungkook heard Rose’s soft voice lingers in his ears. He slowly looks over by his bed. He sees a woman! A blonde woman. He slowly closes his eyes back. This must be another dream. He thought. But why is he very confident that the woman he sees by his bed is Rose despite that he never actually sees her? Is it because of the scent that this woman gave out? He let out a small breath. “What had happened?” he heard Rose’s voice again. This time, it sounded more concern than before. And more real. Like Rose really is sitting beside him.

 

He opens his eyes again. Why is he still seeing this woman? This must really be a dream. A dream can be intimidating sometimes. And he hates it right now. Because it’s not true. It’s not really happening. His hand reaches out the woman’s cheek and he pinches it. “Aww!” the woman squeals and slap his hand. He chuckles. “Dreams can be so fun too and this dream is very fun,” he said. He sees the woman in front of him rolled her eyes.

 

“Yeah, it’s fun if it’s really a dream. But it’s not,” the woman said. Jungkook frowned. He immediately got up from his bed and move inches away from the woman in front of him, leaning by the headboard. “Who are you?” he asked. Sounded so grumpy. “Are you losing your other senses now that you can use your eyes?” the woman asked. Jungkook looks at the woman up and down. “Rose?” he silently asked. She smiled. Jungkook looked around his room. He just realized that he isn’t in his room.

 

“Where am I?” he asked. Rose looked around the room as well. “Isn’t it obvious? Hospital. A private room for you to be exact,” she told him. Jungkook looked at her again. Attentively, looking at her face. “Are you really Rose?” he asked. He recognized her voice and scent but why wasn’t he sure?

 

Rose didn’t answer him. “Jennie brought you chicken porridge but she had to leave as she has something to be taken care of. Do you want to eat now? I’ll pour it into the bowl for you,” she said. Busying herself with the porridge Jennie brought when she stopped by earlier. Jungkook holds her hand, stopping Rose what she has been doing. Trying to set up the porridge for Jungkook to eat. Rose looks at Jungkook’s hand on hers.

 

“Am I really seeing Rose?” Jungkook asked again. Rose look at him and took a sit again. She slowly pulls her hands away from Jungkook’s grip. “It’s really me. Rose. I heard from Jennie that you fainted out while going down the stairs, that’s why I came,” Rose tells him the truth. “What happened actually?”

 

Jungkook didn’t say anything. He looks at Rose deeply. This is how she looks like. She is prettier than how Jungkook had imagined her to be. “Jungkook-shi,” Rose called him out. Jungkook didn’t respond. Rose sighed heavily. “If you’re not going to talk, then I’ll leave,” Rose took her handbag and was about to leave. “You didn’t come when you heard I’m going to operate my eyes but came when you heard me fall down the stairs?” Jungkook finally speaks. Rose turned around facing him.

 

“Why?” Jungkook asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter