Will You Stay?

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

 

It was another boring routine of Rose taking care of Jungkook but with a slightly happier heart and a calmer mind. Thanks to Jimin’s text message saying that she managed to secure an interview with the firm Jimin was telling her about yesterday. Exactly. It was just yesterday Jimin told her about the job and she already managed to secure an interview. She knows now, grades might not be important to apply for a job but the impression of having good grades opened the way for applicants to secure for an interview before impressing the interviewers through applicant’s soft skills. She had always remembered that. And she is thankful that her final exam results have come out too. 


“Rose,” someone interrupted her while she was stirring her coffee in the kitchen. It was Jungkook. She frowned. It was just 10 minutes ago she had sent him to his room for him to lay down and rest, how come he is downstairs now? “Yes,” her response was short. She is not surprised anymore that Jungkook can tell that it is her stirring coffee in the kitchen now. “Can we talk?” Jungkook asked. Since when did he have to ask for permission to talk? Rose left out a breath. 


“Let’s have you sit first,” Rose said in a nice tone. No matter what, she is still getting paid by him. She should not be rude. “No, let’s go to the backyard garden. I wanted to smell the fresh air,” he said. Rose nods lightly and holds his arm. He is more lenient now of letting Rose holding him. Unlike when it was the first day Rose worked here. He was so annoying and arrogant. “Have a seat,” said Rose when they arrived at the bench at the backyard garden. 


“Thanks,” Jungkook said. “Do you want me to get you anything? Drink?” Rose asks politely. Jungkook shook his head. “Go ahead if you want to get the coffee you made earlier. I’ll wait,” Rose thanked him and rushed back to the kitchen. She slurped her drink in rushed and immediately return to Jungkook. If he won’t drink, what makes her think to drink while with him, right? 


“I’m here,” she signaling Jungkook of her arrival. “Yeah I know,” he said and took a deep breath. “I’m going to be direct with you,” he said. Rose just kept silent. She feels like she already knows what she is going to hear from Jungkook. “Do you still remember the night we talk? When you came over waiting outside my room because you couldn’t sleep?” he asked. Rose hummed, signaling she still remember that night. “I’ve given it a thought. I wanted to see your face,” he said. His voice was so slow that the sound of the birds chirping is heard even louder. 


Rose receives it calmly. “Why now?” she asked back. Jungkook cleared his throat. “Err I…just feel like knowing how you look like,” Jungkook said. Rose smirked. “That doesn’t sound convincing,” Rose told him. She’s giving him all out, given the chance that she is leaving soon. This is payback time! Jungkook did not reply. “But…” Rose continued. Feeling a little bit of guilty for ‘bullying’ him. “I can just describe to you how I look like,” Rose said. Seeing that Jungkook is silent, Rose keep on talking. “I have blonde hair, small eyes, rosy li…”


“I heard of the job offer,” Jungkook cut her off. Rose startled. “Jimin told me you secure an interview at a firm of his senior’s friend,” he said. She did not say anything. “I thought I was going to hate you, but I…” he hesitates. “But he grew fond of you,” someone interrupted them. Rose look up to see Mr. Jeon, Jungkook’s father is smiling towards them. Rose immediately stood up to bow at him however Mr. Jeon asking her to sit back down while he took a sit by his son. 


“And I like you too,” Mr. Jeon said. Rose’s eyes grew wider. Mr. Jeon chuckles. “Not in that way, I meant. I like you as a daughter,” he told him. Rose grins, felt relief. “Your sense of smell is getting worse, Jungkook. You didn’t realize I’m here? Or you’re nervous?” Mr. Jeon jokes. Rose didn’t know he can joke around like this? What she meant is, Jennie said that her father is a strict and serious guy. But now, he jokes around with her? And what’s even weirder is that she had just talked to him twice since she came in. Before this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter