Yes I do....really?

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

 

The sky cries as if it is witnessing the sorrow running around his heart. The heart that breaks him into pieces. For the one whom he dearly loves, he accepts. For the one whom he wanted to see being happy by the side of some other guy, he surrenders. He knows someone else better than her is waiting for him on the other side of the world. Although he is assured, these feelings will not go away forever. 


“Taehyung-ah,” someone called for his name. He smiled. Of course, the rhythm of that voice has been embedded into his mind and his heart since a long time ago. How can he not recognize that voice without even the need of him to look back looking at that person? His legs stop moving forward. His body slowly makes a turn. 


“Hey,” he called out and sees Jisoo standing in front of him, with an unexplainable expression on her face. Jisoo walks closer. “Thank you,” she says. She reaches out for his hand and holds them for a while. “For everything,” she continues. Taehyung pulls his hand away, and return the favor, holding Jisoo’s hand. 


“It’s nothing, really,” Taehyung told her. “I hope you’re happy with him. Give him the chances that he misses all these years. I know you’ve been waiting for this time to come since a long time ago,” he assures her. Tears flow out Jisoo’s eyes. Taehyung was flustered. “Hey, why are you crying?” he asks. Jisoo shook her head and wipes away her tears. 


“I never heard you talk so seriously,” she said. Taehyung exhales, relieved. And chuckles. Jisoo slowly moves and gives him a light hug. “I’m sorry,” she said silently. Taehyung returns the hug, wrapping his hand around her shoulder. “No worries, I’ll find someone prettier than you,” he said and laugh. But he sounded so not wholeheartedly. It’s like he is being forced to say that. They broke the hug and Jisoo looks at him. “I hope you can find one. I really hope,” she said. “Never mind, I’ll be the ugly one so yours can look elegant and pretty,” she jokes. To tone down the heavy atmosphere between them. 


“I’ll make sure that happens,” Taehyung plays along. 

❀❀❀

Sweats drip from his forehead as his legs swiftly run through the treadmill, grunting over his phone call that gets ignored. He stops the treadmill machine and took his phone, taking a sit on a chair by the pillar. He scrolls over the screen of his phone. A light smile formed over his lips. And type something on his phone before it’s ringing over a call from his best friend. 


“Hm Lisa, what are you up to?” he asks as he answers the call. 


“Jimin-ah, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter