Dark Past

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE.

 

Her cold bare feet pace through the wet bricks by the pool. She missed the cold water slapping her body when she dive in. She missed the crowd cheering for her when she won the first place in the competition. She missed the hug her coach gave her out of joy that she complete the course beautifully. Her coach was very proud of her back then. And she missed all those moments she once had but no longer now. Her looks over the deep swimming pool in front of her were empty. "Lisa-ah," she sighed heavily. Slowly, her eyes drifted away from the pool towards the entrance of the pool. She slowly walked over to the guy who's standing by the entrance, smiling towards her. 

"What are you doing here?" she asked the guy who is leaning over the wall in front of her. "What are you doing here?" the guy asked back, emphasizing the 'you' in his sentence. Lisa smirked. "Come on Jimin oppa. You know where to find me so you must know why I'm here," she told him. Lisa turned back, facing the pool and crossing her arm over. Her pair of eyes rest on the wavy water inside the pool. "I miss swimming," she said quietly. "If only I'm not injured," she sighed and looked down. She can feel a warm hand sliding through her shoulder. "I believe you can still do it," Jimin said. 

Lisa turned looking at Jimin beside her. "You know I can't," she said. Jimin tighten his lips. He can't believe he is a mental health counselor. Everything he said can't seem to comfort others. Or is it because the person he's trying to inject positivy into just refused to listen to him? He is not sure as well. 

"How's your work so far?" Lisa changed the topic. She no longer want to appear weak in front of people. Especially not after what had happened to her in the past that caused her to quit swimming. She can survived all the hardship and endure all the pain when she was a swimmer in the past, just moving on with life as a non-swimmer now, it's not a big deal for her. She can handle it very well. At least, she believed she can. Jimin smiled. "Everything is fine," he calmly said. 

"It doesn't sound good to me," Lisa uttered. Jimin chuckled. "I almost think you're former fortune teller, not a former swimmer," he joked. Lisa rolled her eyes. "I don't know Liz. I'm happy working with the client. How can I not right? It's been 7 years. We're even best friends now. I don't even have to stuck in the office 24/7 despite the high pay. But, it seems that he refused to make any progress," Jimin sighed. 

"So you think you haven't done a good job for your client?" Lisa guessed. Jimin slightly nodded his head. "Why do you think so? The one who refused to follow the treatement is the client. I believe you've done your best in treating him and consulting him," Lisa persuaded him. Jimin looked at Lisa beside him. "Did you know?" he smiled cynically. Lisa lifted her eyebrows. "I just failed consulting you earlier. How can you say I've done my best?" Jimin said. Lisa frowned. 

"We're not the same okay," Lisa shrugged her shoulder. 

"Not the same, but similar." Jimin stretched his arm and walked over to the pool. Lisa followed him. "How are we the same?" she asked. Jimin tipped his shoulder. "I don't know how to interpret this in a more appropriate way but technically, you and him are both refused to reflect on what had happened in the past to make up for your future," he said. Lisa was silent. She wasn't sure whether what she think of were the same as what Jimin meant of what he said earlier. Was he saying that she cannot move on? She cannot accept the reality of what had happened? Was that what he meant? 

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked. Too lazy to think of the meaning behind what Jimin had said earlier. Jimin stopped walking and turned facing Lisa. "Look at you Liz. It's been how many years already? You're still stuck up in this..." Jimin looked around. "...in this pool. You think I didn't know? That this was your first training pool for your very first competition during school? I know it's hard for you to forget all your success in swimming, but I think it's time for you to think of your future from now on. You're not getting anything just by reminiscing the past Liz," Jimin frowned. 

Lisa looked at J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter