Let the memories stays

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

 

 

And when tomorrow arrives, when we met again, will there be a space in your heart? For the love that we used to have. For forever.

 

His fingers run through the carve words on the wooden pieces for decoration hanging on the wall of his room. It has been eight years since it was hanging there and he was just reminded of that wooden pieces a few days ago. Probably because it has been so long since he is able to use his pair of eyes. Or maybe because it was hidden by the standing lamp. Or it was just because he has been over it since a long time ago.

 

“Kook,” a familiar voice called him. He turned around to see Jennie standing as she holds a tray with a plate of fruits and two glasses of ice water. “Snacking?” she asks and slightly lifts up the tray. He nods and walks to take a sit on the couch in some part of his room as Jennie puts the tray on the small table in front of the couch.

 

“What’s with the kind gesture, bringing snacks to me?” asks Jungkook as he lay on the couch. Jennie slightly smiles.

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to talk about you….” Jennie paused. “….and Rose,” she said. Jungkook smiles as he bites onto the pear he grabs just now. “So, how did you guys end up together? I just left her for a few minutes and suddenly she got herself a boyfriend. She didn’t even want to story me the details,” Jennie smirks. Annoyed just thinking of Rose’s being tight-lipped. “Don’t tell me you refused to story me too!” Jennie warns Jungkook in advance.

“It just happened, sis,” Jungkook said. “The situation at that time….I don’t know. It’s like God is helping me at that time. It was very smooth…and steady,” Jungkook keeps on smiling unknowingly, reminded of what happened a few days ago when he was proposing Rose to become his. Jennie rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh my god, it’s been so long since I’ve seen you this way. It’s…..disgusting! Seeing your sweet sweet face urghh…” Jennie pretended to want to vomit. “….but I like it anyway. That my baby brother is finally opening up for someone else,” she said, sincerely. Jungkook looks at her smiling widely. “Have you kiss yet?” Jennie asks with a poker face.

 

Jungkook chokes on his fruit. Jennie smirks and pats on his back. Giving him a glass of water to calm him down. “Sis…” Jungkook looks at Jennie, disbelief. “You’re not getting any younger my brother. Move faster,” Jennie urges him.

 

“Look at who’s talking,” Jungkook rolls his eyes. “You should find yourself a boyfriend first, then we’ll talk about me,” he told Jennie. Jennie put down her fork on the plate at the table and left out a deep breath. She looks at Jungkook. He can tell that the look Jennie gave him is a worrying look over him. Jennie took Jungkook hand and hold them tight.

 

“Promise me something,” she said. Jungkook did not respond but he believes Jennie gets his message by just looking at him. She is his sister, after all. “No matter what happens, you should trust her and trust your heart. A human can betray another human, but they can never betray their own hearts. Even if the world is turning their back on you, follow your heart. Because your heart never lies. You understand your own heart the most,” she reminds him. It is worrying. Jennie knew something.

 

❀❀❀

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter