Will Happiness Lasts?

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10.

 

Rose stretched her body and yawn at the same time. She looked beside her to see Jennie still sleeping soundly. Rose smiled. It was a very nice midnight talk she had with Jennie last night. Rose turned to look at the clock on her bedside table showing it’s six in the morning. She got off the bed straight to the bathroom and did all the necessary things to do in the morning like brushing her teeth and washing her face before changing into a shirt and jogging pants. 

Rose walk back to the bed and pull the blanker over Jennie before leaving for her morning walk. It’s been her routine every morning since she came into the house to go for an early morning jog before starting her duty. It keeps her energized the whole day. But this morning is different, the wind feels so breezy. It helps to calm her mind and emotion in a way. 

Buk!

Rose was enjoying her morning jog when she bumped into someone. “I’m so sorry!” the person she bumped into apologized. Rose did not say anything as she stood up and brush the dirt on her hand. “Oh-“ the person exclaimed. “Rose?” Rose looked at the person calling her name. Her eyes shrink to see the one standing in front of her. It’s daylight but because she did not wear her glasses or contact lenses, she could barely recognize people. “Oh, Lisa!” Rose shouted as she recognized the person standing in front of her. Like a long lost friend seeing each other after a while, they hugs. 

“So good to see you,” Rose said as they broke the hug. “Same here!” Lisa said. “You jogs too?” Lisa asked. Rose smiled. “I guess you’re not only going to the convenience store here but also jogs here yeah? Are you sure you’re living somewhere else?” Rose jokes with her. Lisa laugh. “Let’s just say because people here have their own fitness center in their house so they did not go out for a jog,” Lisa play along. Both of them laughing. 

“Well, do you want to have drinks at the convenience store?” Lisa invited. Rose thought for a while. She glances at the watch on her wrist. She hesitated. “Err…I’m afraid I don’t have time for that. I have to get back to work at 9,” she told Lisa. Lisa smile and nods. Totally understood. Work is a responsibility. Should not abandon work for a cup a drink. “I’m so sorry!” Rose put together her hand to apologize. Lisa laugh. “No, it’s okay! Maybe next time,” Lisa said. 

Rose smiled, showing her perfectly lined white teeth. “How about giving me your number? We can set another time for a drink! Or maybe dinner!” Rose suggested. She had just met Lisa twice but it feels like she’s so close and comfortable with her. It feels like they’ve known each other for a long time. And Rose hope Lisa does not feel uncomfortable with her being comfortable with Lisa. “Of course!” Lisa exclaimed. Looking and sounding as excited as Rose. 

“Give me a call whenever you’re free!” said Lisa as she handed Rose’s phone back. Rose nods in excitement. “It’s so good to see you again,” Rose said as she hugs Lisa a goodbye. “It’s so good to see you too,” said Lisa. 

*phone ringing*

Rose startled. She was grinning alone as she walks back to the house when her own phone rang on her arm. She puts the phone there so that it will calculate her steps for the day and of course because there’s no pocket on her jogging pants. “Hello,” she answered the phone, sounded panting. “Hey, hi! Good morning,” the caller greeted her. It’s a man so she was shocked to hear him. Her eyebrows furrowed. “Yes, good morning. May I know who's calling?” Rose stop walking for a while. Her left arm on her waist. “Jimin Park. Jungkook’s counselor if you still remember meeting me a few days ago,” he introduced himself over the phone. Rose’s eyes widened. 

“Yeah of course. You…have my number?” she asked. She was surprised to hear him calling when she barely talked to him. “Yes. I asked Ms. Kim,” he meant Jennie. Rose nods in silent. Fair enough. “Sorry for calling early in the morning. Am I disturbing you?” he apologized. Full of manners when talking. But it’s not good to call very early in the morning. “No. I was just…erm jogging?” she said. She heard chuckles over the line. “Which explains why you sounded out of breath,” Jimin said. Rose made a face. So funny Jimin. Nice try. 

“Err anyway,” Jimin cleared his throat when Rose isn’t responding. “I’m calling because of the job Jungkook asked for you,” Rose’s eyes widened over the statement Jimin had just said. “And?!!” Rose sounded too excited. “And I heard from my senior that his friend is looking for a counselor in his firm. I can help to mention your name to my senior if you’d like to attend for interview,” he said. Rose’s smiles widened. 

“Yes please,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter