The Famous Author

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO.

 

Music stopped echoing in the room full of people waiting and chatting among themselves to get their book signed by the famous author after the greeting session later. Light footsteps were heard making a sound, leading everyone focusing at one direction. "Good morning everyone," a handsome guy with a contented smile is seen walking towards the platform in front of audience, slightly looked at everybody in the room. "I hope I am not too late for the events," he said as he stand behind the microphone stand. Everyone cheered up for him. Mostly are women in their 20s, 30s and a few in middle 40s. "And thank you for still waiting," he said again, flashing another of his gorgeous-like smile making every heart in the room almost fainted. 

Women silently squealing and fangirling over the view of a handsome guy in front of them can clearly be heard inside the room. Probably admiring what is being showcase in front of the their eyes. "I guess everyone already knows me, seeing all of you to be here with me today." The crowd replicating the speaker. "Thank you so much for purchasing and supporting my third novel," he began his speech. "It took me almost two years to finish writing this third piece of mine and I hope everyone enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing this novel." 

A woman looked like in her middle 20s in the crowd raise up her hand. "Share with us one part of the novel that you really like ihiks," she said shyly. The speaker chuckled. "Of course, if that's what everyone wants!" he said. The crowd became noisy of cheering, agreeing to what has been suggested by the lady just now. "Okay! So, let's go way back to chapter...35, shall we?" he flipped through the pages of the book in front of him. "Before we read this together, I have something to share," the speaker said. The crowd turned to him, attentively listening. "Out of all scenes in the book, this is the closest to my heart. Because it was based on real story."

The crowd awed. 

"I'll start now." he said. "The husband was actually posting it on his social media. Telling people why he is bringing his wife to Venice. He started off with his story and his wife laying on the bed together. The husband lay on his side, his back facing his wife. He feels how his wife was in an anxious state on the bed, but he chose to ignore. He pretended to be asleep." The speaker took a glance at the crowd. Everyone is focusing on him. He continued. 

"He felt her breath beneath his neck before his wife tap lightly his back," he stopped. "What do you think the husband did?" the speaker asked the crowd. Everyone is silent. "He turned around?" someone at the back answered. He smile and shook. "He wasn't. He pretended to still be asleep. So the wife asked if he's asleep or not. He was still remained unbothered."

That was cruel. The speaker heard whispers. He sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter