First Meeting

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX.

 

Rose walked fast towards the front door of the huge modern house on top of the hill just 100 meters in front of her with a light heart. She knew it's 100 meters to the gate but another, probably 100 to 200 meters more from the gate to the front door of the house. But, she was astonished when received the news from Jennie last night, and she's glad that she no longer have to worry about money at the moment. Despite the long walk she needed to face from the bus stop to Jennie's house, she doesn't mind. She needs to endure this until she secures a job suiting her qualification only. Which Rose hopes it only lasts two or three months only. 

Rose rang the bell as she stepped in front of the front gate. No one answered. A car drove near the gate when she was about to ring the bell for the second time. She turned back to see the driver hurriedly walked out of the car towards her. "Who are you looking for, miss?" the driver asked. "Hi, I'm Rose. I'm looking for Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I'm here for the job as a caretaker," Rose smiled. The driver nodded, probably intended to say he understood her means. "Please wait here for a while," the driver said as he hurried back inside the car. He can be seen talking to the person at the passenger seat behind him from outside. 

Rose startled when the gate suddenly opened and the car slowly drove approaching her. She stepped away a little bit to give ways for the car to driving in. The car stopped in front of Rose and the window by the passenger seat was rolled down. Rose sees a quite an old man with a serious look on his face looking at her. "Come inside the car. It's going to be a long walk to the front door," the old man expression softens and he smiled to her. 

Rose smiled back. She was relieved to hear that. She thanked him before entering the car at the passenger seat beside the driver. She felt uncomfortable to sit at the passenger seat behind. "I am glad to hear that Jungkook is finally opening up to have someone taking care of him," Rose heard the old man said from behind. She turned to look at him. "He refused to meet people and it has been seven years so I am surprised that he made this decision," he said again. 

"I'm sorry, but may I know, you are?" Rose asked, politely. "I'm his dad," his short answer made Rose felt nervous. She might sound rude for not knowing that he's the dad of the person she's working for, but she's not sure what he felt. "I'm sorry for not recognizing you, Mr. Jeon," Rose apologized. The old man smiled at her. "It's okay. Call me uncle. I'm going to count on you for Jungkook, girl," he told her. Rose smiled. 

Rose remembered that Jennie never talked about her dad at all. She supposed Jennie is not close to her dad. Jennie even told her to not let anyone know that she is Jennie's friend when she worked in the house later. Even better, if she acts as if she just knew Jennie when they met in the house. Especially, in front of her dad. Rose was confused about the request but she never asked anything. Jennie probably has her own reason for doing so. 

Rose didn't realize when they arrived at the front door earlier. Her minds were somewhere else. She blindly followed the driver when he asked her to until they reached the living room on the second floor. "Please wait here, Ms. Rose. I will ask the butler to get Mr. Jungkook for you," said the driver. Rose smiled and nodded her head. She looked around the living room as she lay her bum on the couch. The design of the house is almost similar to her house back then. Can't believe she no longer lived there. Everything happened in her house back then flashed back into her mind. 

"I told you right? The correct way to mix it is my way. You're doing it wrong, Alice!" Rose blamed Alice, her older sister and the only sibling she had in the family, for causing the cake that they bake to uncooked. "Okay fine! Sorry okay. Next time you do it your way. Let's see if it's really good," Alice crossed her arm and pouted. "Aww Aliceeee," Rose's mom entered the kitchen, bringing a plastic of apple and place it on top of the kitchen island. "Come, let me see," she walked towards the girls behind the island. "It's okay girls. Don't fight with each other. I'll make both of you apple pie okay?" Rose's mom said and put away th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter