Agreement

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE.

 

Jungkook exhaled heavily, can't believe what he had just heard from his only sister. Her request was just too much for him to swallow. He believed she understands him better than anyone else. How can she asked for something that she knew he wouldn't be able to fulfill? "I know it's too much for me to ask from you something like this, but I can't ask dad for help as well," Jennie sounded like she was in dissapointment. She was not dissapointed that Jungkook seems like refused to help her but she was dissapointed that she cannot help her friend that had helped her a lot when they were abroad. 

"I'm sorry, noona. You know that I don't like to be associated with people. What more to have someone to look after me? That's just too much for you to ask me. I hope you won't be mad at me," Jungkook said in a soft voice. He knew Jennie is not someone who would take it into her heart if people refuse her, but she sounded very desperate to Jungkook. Her friend must need help so much that Jennie had to ask Jungkook to hire her friend to become his personal caretaker. "Do you want me to try and ask dad if he could offer her any position in the company?" Jungkook tried to help. 

"Never mind, Kook. I don't think that is possible. If dad knew it was my friend, she'll be doomed for life. What more her qualification is not business related," Jennie said silently. Jennie surrender. Jungkook is sure about it. He felt bad but he needs to think of his condition as well. "What's her major?" Jungkook asked. Jennie was heard sighing. "She majored in psychology but specialized in counseling."

"Why not try asking Jimin? I think he's in the same sector as your friend?" Jungkook suggested. Jennie kept silent. She didn't say a word at all. It almost felt like Jungkook is sitting alone there, at the backhouse garden. "Noona?" he called for her. She did not answer. "Noona?" he called again. This time, he raises his voice a little bit. "Oh-sorry!" Jennie startled. "What were you saying again?" she asked. Jungkook frowned. "Jimin. Ask him for help. He's a counselor as well," he repeated his word. Jennie nodded her head. 

"Thanks, but I think I'll ask someone else to help." Jungkook knew Jennie didn't mean what he thinks she meant by saying that. Jennie didn't mean to say she's hurt that he refused to help her so she's gonna go and seek help from someone else. But, he can feel the dissapointment of a sister to her brother. He still remembers how Jennie used to always did what he asked although he knew their parents never allow them to do so when they were younger and she ended up getting scolded by his dad alone. And she never complained about it. She even protected him from being scolded as well. She became the rebellious daughter due to her love for the only brother. 

"I have to go now. Come, let me help you get inside." Jungkook can feel Jennie standing close next to him and holding his arm, trying to help him to get up and go inside the house. He stood up and slid his arm wrapping Jennie's shoulder. "You're not mad, right?" he asked. He heard Jennie chuckled. Jennie pushed away his arm surrounding his shoulder. "Why wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter