Misfortune or fortunate enough?

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR.

 

The strong wind blows and the heavy rain slamming the glass windows of the cheap hotel room Rose stayed at really affected how she felt at the moment. She wasn't going to call for rescued from any of her friends especially when they're not even met yet since she's back in Korea but money has becoming a big problem for her now. She tried applying for jobs everywhere but the chances of employment now are very low, it is almost impossible for her to secure a stable job. In addition to it, getting employed even as a waitress nowadays is very hard. A heavy sighed left out from Rose's tiny lips. She took her coat and left the room. 

People are flocking and strolling around the night market. There are elders, childrens, couples. But she is there alone, her thoughts wandered away from herself. "It would nice if Chanyeol is here with me," she mumbled to herself. Her eyes swifted to the snack food truck beside her. "Tteokbokki!" she cheered. Walking slowly to the truck while eyeing the snacks, the edge of her eyes spots someone familiar to her. She immediately turned her head towards the direction. Her eyes widened. 

Her pace moved hurriedly, away from the snack food truck, following the familiar person she sees earlier. She fasten her pace when she sees the person is getting farther away from her. But with her small steps, she could not get ahold of that person. She breathed heavily. Her eyebrows furrowed. 

phone ringing

Rose startled by the sound of her phone. She took out her phone to see Jennie's calling her. A smile was formed on her lips. "Unnie," she answered the call calmly. "Guess who didn't call me right after she's back in town?" Jennie sounded sulking making Rose chuckled. "Me!" Rose exclaimed. "I'm sorry, unnie. I was busy since touched down so I wasn't able to contact anyone," Rose explained. 

Jennie was silent over the line. So do Rose. "I heard about what happened," Jennie said silently, breaking the silence between them. Rose's furrowed. "Heard about what?" she asked. Jennie was silent all over again. "Jennie unnie?" Rose asked for her. "Are you free right now? Can we meet?" Jennie asked. This time, Rose kept quiet. Hesitating to answer the question. Is she ready to meet? Especially with Jennie? She knew meeting with Jennie means she needs to get ready to let Jennie knows everything that has been lingering in her mind right now. Her problems, her concerned. But the biggest problem now is that, she doesn't even fully understand what had actually happened. 

"I'm free, but..." Rose sighed. Sighing has becoming part of her daily speeches now. Every sigh that she let out was caused by all of this unsolved and unknown problems that she faced. "No but. Let's meet." Jennie refused to listen to Rose's e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter