CHAPTER 8: VELLEITY

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Velleity (n.)     - A wish or inclination not strong enough to lead to action.

 

(SEHUN)         

Irene always talked about how she was not close to Se-Kyung. I had no idea what business she had with me to visit me in my office.

I tried to be nice to her since she is my sister-in-law.

“Sehun, I’m here to talk about Irene,” she stated. Yes, that’s all you can talk about with me.

“Okay,” I waited for her to continue.

She sipped a coffee from her cup, “I always wanted to know why you chose her.”

Why does she have to know?

“Well, I love her,” I simply replied without any hesitation, “that’s why.”

She hated me during school and then, at some point, she just said like me.

“But you know nothing about her,” she smiled. Her smiled spoke a lot; she smiled like she knew something more than I did, “Do you know where she was last 5 years?”

So, this is what she wanted to say. I’ve already made up my mind that I’ll have Irene say everything about herself by her and no one else.

“I don’t want to know it from you,” I replied, “and I don’t have to know her past to love her.”

She chuckled, “Are you sure?”

She stood up from her place which made me stand up, too, “Do you mind leaving?”

Her smiles and actions were not natural. She walked towards me and whispered to my ears, “That girl, she’s such an interesting creature. The more you know, the less you’ll love her.”

She sounded confident but I hated the fact that she got close to me. I tried to push her away but she went out of her mind when she did the next thing. She kissed me on my cheek.

I could no longer endure that. I pushed her away with enough amount of strength, “Stay away from me and from her.”

That was why Irene said she didn’t like this woman.

I grabbed her hand and walked out of the room to kick her out, “I don’t need you in front of me anymore. Please, contact my personal assistant for any other business.”

 

 

Evening came fast. The action of Se-Kyung didn’t leave my thought for one moment.

Should I tell this to Irene? That was a bad idea. This will only make things awkward between her families. Like it or not, she’s her cousin.

The whole evening, I was so furious. However, a name popped on my phone screen which made my day brighter and happier.

I ran out of the hotel as soon as she told me she’s in front of the hotel to go home together. I looked around outside the hotel and saw Irene there standing.

“Rin-ah!” I called her to let her know that I was there. I ran towards her. She smiled at me, “What made you suddenly visit me?”

“I wanted to see you.”

She said it effortlessly but she wouldn’t know that stayed in my heart for a lifetime. I couldn’t help but like the fact that she’s starting to open up to me.

“I dropped by after visiting Yoona,” she tried to explain, “I met Jongin there and I thought you would be alone. And I…”

None of the later words came to me except the fact that she wanted to see me.

I didn’t let her finish her sentence but gave her a light peck on her cheek. Her face immediately became red and her eyes widened.

The feeling was new. I’d say those were not butterflies in my stomach; they were high jets flying and crashing against each other.

She was speechless and before she could say anything, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter