CHAPTER 6: QUERENCIA

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QUERENCIA (n.)          - A place from which one’s strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self.

(JONGIN)

“I do,” Irene swore with her own words.

Then Sehun shortly replied, “I do.”

That was one emotional wedding. I’ve seen their romance story all the way. They claimed they’ve been dating for a long time to lie to their parents and I’m the only person to know the truth.

They didn’t even date.

But their love and commitment have been always there and I knew it’s going to last long.

After the wedding, I went to the washroom. On my way there, I’ve witnessed something I shouldn’t have.

“Why!” Se-Kyung was shouting at Irene’s father, “Why didn’t you make it stopped?”

She sounded so angry.

“Se-Kyung-ah, I had no idea they were dating,” he replied, “I didn’t also know you liked him!”

So, Se-Kyung liked Sehun? But cut that off… during school, she hated him. She didn’t even talk to him.

“You told me that you liked him two days before the wedding but the media has already published everything!” Mr. Bae tried to explain, “I’m so sorry, Se-Kyung ah…”

The whole family excluding Irene was crazy.

She was pissed off and sighed with an irritating voice, “Now, she’s ahead of me! Don’t you love me?”

So what?

Before I could eavesdrop more, “Jongin-ah!” Sehun called me to take photos, “You can’t miss out in our family picture!”

I’ve always felt I’m in debt to their family. They loved me as much as their own blood and gave every privilege I didn’t deserve. I owed them a lot.

Sehun was not sure of his own feeling but still, he looked happy and that’s all that mattered. And I’m going to protect their happiness with all my might.

Se-Kyung returned to the hall to take pictures. She was not smiling.

I went to her side and whispered her, “Now, that, is the power couple.”

I made her looked at the gorgeous couple who were giggling and smiling all the time.

 

 

(SEHUN)

I felt like I’ve accomplished in my life. That thought came to me when I saw Irene moving her stuff in my house.

Because of the rushed wedding, we didn’t have time to plan a honeymoon. We skipped so many steps.

“I’ve prepared a room for you,” I scratched my head.

After skipping all the steps, I’m finally going back from step 1, dating.

Her face brightened with the end of my sentence. I could see she wasn’t ready to use the same room as me.

“You’re an angel,” she smiled at me and I smiled back at her lovely smile.

“Lucifer was an angel,” I joked, “You mean the good one, right?”

She laughed at my stupid joke and nodded to agree with what I’ve said.

I had so much I want to know from her but we have a lifetime ahead.

 

If someone asked what we did on our wedding night, we watched her favorite film, ‘The Hidden Figures’.

It’s always good to get to know her little by little.

We were sitting on the gray comfy sofa with very little light .

“Rin-ah, where were you these 5 years?” I always wanted to know this, “America? England?” I gave her a question with a few of the options to choose.

She turned her head to me and smiled, “Hun-ah”

Did she just called me ‘Hun’? Oh my gosh!

My heart beat went up crazily. I felt like someone just injected adrenaline through my skins.

I’m about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter